knitnana: Another One Bites The Dust...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust...

My Sunday night titles are getting more and more pathetic, you know? Sorry about that, but it's the way I'm feeling about the weekend...they go so darn fast, and at the end of them, I just feel as if someone used me to wipe up the floor.

I will, I promise, be heading to bed a little early tonight.

The ticker above is ticking away. There's only 2 weeks, and one weekend before the Charlotte NC Crafty Cat Show. So you know what I've done this weekend, right?

Yup. Knit.
I could not put the Knitpicks Organic Cotton down. After I did a second swatch (and my eyes tell me that the first is closer to 19 stitches per 4 inches - on 7s - than the 6s are!), and then cast on for another dishcloth from Evelyn Clark's Dishcloths from the Heart. This one is Tiny Hearts. The one thing I'll say for my garter stitch on cotton? It's apparently all over the place. Maybe after I block it? HAHAHAHA! I'm going to block a dishcloth? Actually this is going to be a facecloth, as the yarn is so scrumptiously soft, I can't imagine doing dishes with it!

Ok. I'll admit that I also did a lot of sewing for the show, which is why the weekend flew by:
A few checkbooks and Fionas...
And three Knitnanas. Take a close look at the first one, won't you? (Click to embiggen) Remember when I said there was another fabulous new black cat fabric I had to show you? This is the one. Purple, fushia and black (there's a touch of teal green in the cat eyes, and a bit of lavender in there, too). The fabric is amazing, and I'll be having a terrible time giving up this bag. But I will, because I'm going to make myself a Grand Mera from this fabric!

Then the second fabric you've seen before, the Crazy Cat Ladies. I liked the way it made up in the Knitnana size with the green lining. Other than that, you can see another Ears & Whiskers Knitnana at the back. The fabric is a classic, and folks just love it, even if they're not in love with cats...

Hopefully they'll be hits at the show.

(Oh, and yes, you're right - I'm the one who used me to wipe the floor - I have no one else to blame but me!)
lolol

Off to catch a few minutes of 60 Minutes. Let's hope this week goes smoothly?
(((Hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try Knitpicks Organic Cotton!!

12:05 AM  
Blogger emy said...

those bags are gorgeous!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I just love that purple kitty fabric! I'm sure everything will be a big hit! :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yes, yes, smoothly -- that's what you deserve! The bags are absolutely gorgeous (and you're right, that purple fabric is fabulous), and I love that cotton! Must not get some right now...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Hi,
Your bags are beautiful...they will absolutely be hits at the show. Good luck!
~Corinne

2:25 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I sure love the cat fabrics you track down, and hope the show is a hit this year... remember, we are all supposed to be doing our part to help stimulate the economy!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!