knitnana: The End of Another Weekend...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, March 08, 2009

The End of Another Weekend...

And, as usual, this one was more work than pleasure, in Knitnana's world...

Since the Crafty Cat is only 3 weekends away, I was busy finishing orders and getting bags made for that show. Too late, I learned that the Richmond VA Southern Region Persian Society Show will be a two-day event this year, and is the weekend of April 18th. I can't see how we can do it. And I'm really sorry about that, as we enjoyed doing that show two years ago, when it was just a one-day event.

Still, Charlotte NC is new territory for Nana Sadie Rose, so we're hopeful it will be a fun weekend! If you're in the area on April 4-5, please do stop by!!!

I finished this little number for a customer:
Yes, it's dogs. Retrievers, to be exact. Black, Chocolate, and Yellow labs. Do you have any idea how rare it is to find a single dog breed on a fabric? It's far harder than people presume, and when I find those fabrics, I usually get them. This is a Sadie - the largest, and most detailed bag I make. Sized for a laptop, water bottles, electrical cords, your wallet, and even your knitting and lunch (depending on how big a lunch you pack, of course!). The customer wanted coordinating checkbook cover and Fiona cellphone case, too, so the bone fabric worked nicely there.

(as always, click the photo to make it larger! it's worth it!)
And then, for the Charlotte show, I made up this new fabric from Michael Miller:
it's called Lounge Cat. The print is very large, so doesn't work on every bag style I do, but this Grand Mera suits it. (I also think it will work on a Knitnana effectively. There's another fabric in this Miller line that I'll be making soon...stay tuned, as it's equally stunning!) I love the greens and purple along with black in this print. (I think I might have trouble giving this one up)

I managed to get some knitting done, but am still shy of the finish line for Valkyrie Seraphim...That's okay, though. I can't block until Saturday now, so if it takes all week to knit four more rows, and then cast off and weave in ends? That's fine! Otherwise, I'll just be looking longingly at the finished product, wishing I could take time off work to block the shawl.

I have several bags cut and ready to sew this week when I get home. But for tonight? I'm going to try to get in bed a few minutes early to counteract this loss of an hour's sleep last night.

Have a great week!
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The bags are adorable! That doggy one is so cute...that black lab looks just like my work dog. :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

love that Micheal Miller fabric and I'm not even a cat person. Beautiful fabric!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always fascinated to see the lining fabrics you use peeking out. There were TWO bone prints, one with paws, wasn't there. Spiffy!

The cat one is ALL you...I can see why you'd want to keep it, you purple thing!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Fantastic colors and design in the Michael Miller fabric! Good luck with all your sewing this week!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

wow, that micheal miller fabric is stunning!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!