knitnana: Snow Day!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day!

For REAL!
When I went to bed last night it wasn't doing anything, but they warned us we'd have more overnight. And they were right...I believe we have had as much as 5 inches - which is a lot for us. And since the schools were all closed that meant our office was, too!

So what did I do with my snow day? Well...
I finished an order for Nana Sadie Rose. Yes, you've seen these fabrics recently - there's no more of the turquoise Fat Cats fabric now, this Glady case was the last of it. I still have a bit of the red Knit Wits fabric (and some of the grass green colorway, too) in case you're interested. The Knitnana makes up nicely in that fabric, I think.

And then the Personal Sock Club Sock for March is OTN:
Thanks for your help, Miss Muffin.

A review of the Hiya Hiya stainless needles: I like them! They are nicely slick, the joins are smooth, but the cables are a bit stiffer than the Knitpicks Options. They are not so highly polished as my original set of KPs (which was the problem with the second set I ordered, they were so badly and unevenly tarnished that they seemed "sticky"). So far, I've had no problem with ocular migraines from the reflection (that is a huge thing in my book!). They're quite pointy, but I have not had to contend with split yarn, nor have I had a puncture wound (which I cannot say about Knitpicks Options). I believe I paid $5 more for the set than I would have for Knitpicks Options, and I did have to pay for the shipping ($2) but the needles got here in two days instead of two weeks.

I intend to try a set of Addi's too. (I wish Addi Lace needles were made in size 1, 16-inch circulars...but so far, no.)

I've also finished the second chart of the Valkyrie Seraphim and am ready to start the third one. I also joined the third skein of STR Raven Valkyrie in the process! Whew!

Now, other than all these fibery pursuits, my Big Sis and her husband are heading down the valley from NOVA (I'm amazed, after this storm!), so I'm anticipating seeing them at dinnertime. And if they can do that, I suspect I'll be at work tomorrow (had better be, as there's a payroll to do!)

And a big thank you to those of you who've purchased stitch markers from my Etsy Shop - my daughter is delighted!

(((Hugs)))

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you were asking for snow...but I promise not to call your local TV news and tattle. VBG!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Glad you got a snow day too! You were very productive! I love the new fabrics and the way the sock is knitting up! :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for a snow day! I wish we had those sometimes... :) The bags look great, too, and so does the sock. Being a dpn person, I don't usually knit socks on two circs, but when I have, I've used Addis and liked them, so they seem worth trying if you're working your way through the options :)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!