knitnana: Wish I'd Made a Video!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Wish I'd Made a Video!

I mentioned that yesterday my daughter came to help me move a bookcase downstairs, and we shifted the position of my dresser to the opposite wall...well behind the dresser (and under it) were a ton of kitty toys that had gotten shoved under and to the very back, and forgotten...

One of them was BB's catnip teddy bear. One of those "spur of the moment" treats you pick up when you're in the pet store, picking up food, I never thought any of them would like it (since I'm well aware that if it costs real money, cats immediately think it's worthless and you're an idiot for bothering them with it). But BB was totally besotted with it, carried it around like a baby kitten (she would have been a great momma kitty), and drooled on it to the point I would refuse to touch it, as it would be dripping....

And every once in awhile, The Meezer would swipe it. There would be a huge fuss, as BB insisted it was her toy, her baby. The Meezer wanted it, mostly because it was BB's.

So when I found it, I didn't do anything with it other than move it away from the dust bunnies and try to clean it off a bit. Then left it on the bedroom floor.

Much later last night, I was sitting here at the computer, and I kept hearing scuffling, scooting, and mewing noises...I didn't think too much of it, until suddenly here was The Meezer with the catnip bear:
The scuffling and scooting? Well, she was tossing that bear in the air and chasing it...
and she finally brought it into the office (please pardon the rug, the vacuum has been used in much of the house, but this room right now is "on hold" at least till next weekend)
She rolled and rolled, mewed, and tossed...
Sometimes she'd lose track of where the bear was, but only briefly...then she'd toss it up
and it would land on the chair, sometimes on the desk...
She carried it all over the room, into the hallway and back...
until suddenly in her scooting around with it, it slipped under the rolling drawer storage I recently brought up from the sewing room to hold knitting supplies (nothing in there yet, this room is a work in progress)
Poor thing, she couldn't figure out how to reach him, tho' she tried hard, so I had to roll out the drawers and rescue him for her...

She slept on top of the bed last night, with her baby bear...and at one point this morning, when I got home from the dentist, I found him on my pillow.
(sigh)

I think it's a good thing there's no competition for baby bear now...But I can't really imagine that the catnip scent is still strong enough to make him so appealing! Especially after all the times BB drooled over him.

(and I wish I'd thought to make a video of this - not just snap away at the photos! The Meezer talked all the way through this - you would have gotten as good a laugh as I did!)

6 Comments:

Blogger sandra said...

Oh that is cute!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love it when they decide to play! Awh Meezer you are adorable! :)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Meezer had such kitty joy.

I buy my kids fuzz balls...not at the pet store, but in the craft section at Wally World. Every once in a while they "loose" one under the linen closet door. When I open the door to retrieve it, inevitably there are two or three others there. I suspect Casper treats the door like a challenge, and sooner or later he can't retrieve the fuzz ball.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Too funny! I love watching them play, and it sounds like she gave you quite a show :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Our threesome love catnip and fortunately it grows like a weed here. The Meezer certainly is having a good time with that teddy bear!

11:28 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

It is so heartwarming to see them happy and at play! Just like kittens again. And when they leave it for you? Priceless!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!