knitnana: Not a Saturday Sky, But...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Not a Saturday Sky, But...

Remember all the snow on Monday and Tuesday? Remember????

Yesterday when I left for work it was still piled up all over the place, a winter wonderland that we almost didn't get this year.

But when I got home? Look what greated me!
I am not kidding. It was 75 degrees yesterday afternoon and it's going to maybe hit 80 over the next three days!!

Spring has sprung - and there's no question where the "flowers is..."

I took CC outside this morning in hopes that she'd be happy sitting in the sunshine for a few minutes (on my lap, she has no claws, so we don't get out much). She was miserable...crying and hiding her head under my arm in fear. (sigh)

So back inside we went. And I've spent most of the day busily cutting two of my largest bag styles - the Sadie and the Grand Mera. I hope to have photos to show you tomorrow night, but these bags are the most time-consuming and challenging to make! Still it's time for cat show bags, so come back and visit off and on over the next couple of weeks - you'll see some new and great fabrics (as well as a few old friends, too).

And I just can't wait any longer...I keep working on my Valkyrie Seraphim and I'm getting near the finish, but the lace is so lovely, especially in this yarn, that I just can't wait to show you:
Yes, there's a light blue lifeline in there, simply because I'm paranoid, but this is a really easy lace pattern and it's easy to see when you get off track (which I'm known to do when I'm glued to my news programs in the evening). Still, I believe in being safe rather than sorry! edited to add: I think I just found a yo that's not supposed to be there, just by supersizing this photo! ARRGH!

Isn't she pretty?

I hope you're having some lovely spring-ish weather this weekend - Don't forget that Daylight Savings Time begins tonight - Spring Forward!
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

look at all those beautiful flower! and seraphim is gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous.

big hugs to CC.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

OMG such beauty! Seraphim is a lovely knit and I just love her more each time I see her! And...flowers...I'm jealous! The last of our ice melted today...maybe flowers tomorrow? :)

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for spring and spring flowers! They make all the cold and brown of winter worth it!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Oh, poor CC. I hated to read that. I hope she's ok inside though (the house I mean). How is Meezer these days?

BTW, Mr. C is terrified of being outside too. We never take him outside except in a carrier. He's mellowed a lot since he's been with us but some fears remain.

Lovely pics Sallee and what a temp. Global warming I guess to see weather like this in March. I find it rather frightening.

Hugs, G

PS: Im sending you an email soon. Hugs again...

11:32 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

She is gorgeous! I adore the way that lace looks in that yarn. Yummy...

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!