knitnana: Is There Such A Thing As "Finisitis?"
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Is There Such A Thing As "Finisitis?"

Since joining in Rainy's Basket of Shame, a wave of energy to finish, finish, finish things has swept over me, carrying me, willy-nilly, towards some sort of frenzy of clicking needles and rooting out projects in partial states of completion...

Now, mind you, I only admitted to FOUR items for Rainy's Knit Along. And I'm stickin' to those four, for those purposes, but I wonder: might this be akin to spring cleaning? Weeding the garden before sewing my seeds? What say you? And do you think we could, like Norma, get this to spill over into a good general housecleaning?

NAW...

But I even dragged out the Log Cabin Blanket and put 4 rows on it tonight, AFTER I finished these:

Yarn: Trekking XXL, Colorway 54
Pattern: Mine - the infamous "Plain Vanilla Stockinette with Picot Edging"
Needles: 2 circulars - size 1.25 Hiya Hiya Stainless Steel. Here's the interesting part of that - I really do like these, but I wish they were available in my 1.5 size. The cables are a bit stiffer than my beloved Harmony and Options from Knitpicks, but not so bad that I'll have problems with them. But they are smaller in diameter, and I don't use 0s because they bother my hands a bit (not as much as size 11s and up, but still...)
Time to Knit: Began March 1, 2009 and completed tonight. I didn't rush these, they're part of my Personal Sock Club on Ravelry's Stash Knitdown group, but I did want them finished before the end of the month so I could open the next grab bag and get those on the needles April 1 - before heading south for the cat show, where I'll NEED more socks to knit mindlessly in the booth!

I really love these socks - the colors! They are the closest thing I've come to so far that I can call "blue jeans" socks...

So once these they were done? I packed up Boing! which has been on the needles forever, to take to work for the next few days lunchtimes...Finishitis strikes again!

OH...and thank you all for your lovely comments on my Diamond Fantasy Shawl. I love the way it looks, but wonder if it will end up being just a bit too delicate for the sturdy gal I am...?

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I am thinking of trying for my own version of 'plain vanilla' socks.. the colors show through so nicely in stockinette! Have you tried the Kollage square needles? We just got them in the shop; they have an unusual connecting cable that is sturdy but somehow 'limp' and drapes instead of kinks. The square needles are pretty interesting too, but I haven't tried knitting with them yet.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Congrats on getting so much done! I think that where our focus lies our achievements grow and blossom. Beautiful socks...you are an inspiration. :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Look at you go! A shawl and now socks. Plain Vanilla is often the best pattern! ;-)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

A good plain vanilla sock keeps the hands moving. I have trouble sitting without something in my hands...The Trekking is good for that.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for finishing things! I'm feeling that urge myself -- maybe it's spring? :)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

I think "finishitis" exists. I may have it right now.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go you!

Don't forget to post finished BoS stuff on the Rav group board - I'm using that to track who gets incentives and as people post, they get added to my little Excel sheet.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i think there is such a thing as finishitis and i think i got it. i finished two shawls that i started last year. early last year.

those socks are so pretty!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!