knitnana: Gone In A Haze...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gone In A Haze...

Saturday was beyond busy and I really could almost ask the question Stephanie asked yesterday as to where the time went?

Well, I know this much: I woke this a.m. realizing that I was on the losing end of a months' long struggle to stay well...I've done so beautifully all fall and winter, not to have trouble with sinus or other infections, and have only dared believe that the vitamin D deficiency we discovered last fall and corrected over months of high-dose Rx supplementation was the reason I have stayed well so long...but, perhaps it was just good luck?

This morning I knew I had to go for antibiotics - a difficult bug has taken up residence in my system, one that only an Rx would fix. (sigh)

I got the meds (which as we all know, bring on their OWN problems) and have dragged around all day hoping they'd kick in soon...maybe tomorrow?

Anyway, the other excitement (and this was the good kind) was that we now have a lot more information on the Sock Summit and Dianne booked our hotel room this afternoon after we'd checked out the course offerings and finally felt more secure about deciding that yes we will go to Portland in August! We're still checking out flights, but that will soon be a done deal, as well...

I'm am just beyond chilling out tonight, that's all there is to it!

Dear Daughter came by this afternoon and made a few adjustments to the Nana Sadie Rose website with regard to notices. Once that was done, we began a bit of searching for materials for her stitch markers, as she'll be joining me in the booth at Sedalia Festival in May. While she surfed and edited, I cast on the toe of the Regia Silk sock for my dear Sis-in-Law. I think I'll look for a simple narrow cable to run up the side of the sock...just for a bit of interest. This is the sock yarn I won in Barbara Bretton's contest last summer - the color is so much better for my sis-in-law, I thought that would make a nice gift for her helping me next weekend in Charlotte!


After DD left, I went back to the sewing machine and finished off these:
The fabric is long out of print on both bags...but I adore that Asian kitty print in sage. I have the same print in 3 other colors, but the sage is so long gone as to make me think I should auction this off on ebay!
lolol
No, it will make the trip to Charlotte, with all the rest of them.

While I sewed, I listened to a Suze Orman book downloaded to my MP3 player from Audible. I'm not sure I'll continue my "membership" with them, as I'm much more interested in free reading materials and my library has many opportunities there, but it's interesting...I must learn about Podcasts, and will take one of the one-hour mini classes at Sock Summit on just that topic! Oh here I go again, back on Sock Summit - I'll just never get to sleep, you know?

But I should shove off to bed to help me get over this bug...and of course there'll be more sewing tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Judy said...

Glad you're coming! And feel better soon! There's some nasty bugs going around that take awhile to get over. So be gentle with yourself. Tea and chicken soup. You know. :-)

Hugs

2:55 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Sock Summit sounds so exciting! I think you'll have a lot of fun and I'm eager to hear your report. :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

I'm glad you get to go to Sock Summit. My daughter is having a baby right then so I am going to Sanguine Gryphon's dyeing camp as my event of the year, instead.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What an exciting wish becoming reality! I will have to see how the next few months go... maybe I can make it too.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Glad you get to go to sock summit! I know how much you wanted to go! I hope you kick that bug out of your system ASAP. Take care of yourself. :)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will probably not be there, thanks to unemployment. :-( Really sad about it.

Hoping they do another one next year when things are a little better. And I hope you have a great time!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!