knitnana: I'm Approved!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Approved!

I'm a big fan of Siamese Rescue as you know...and a couple of weeks ago, I was browsing the website of available adoptees and discovered one I fell head over heels for. The foster mom was a woman I know locally, so I phoned her. Of course, he'd been spoken for, but she asked me, "Have you been approved?"

Well. No. I hadn't.

For one thing, I have two cats, and that's all I can have here in this townhouse. I had almost decided that when the Calico Curmudgeon had gone on to the Rainbow Bridge that The Meezer and I would wind up our days together. She is, after all, a Sealpoint Diva.

But...I saw this big seal boy, and faltered...and decided that just maybe having a big, happy, boy Siamese teddybear would be just the ticket to keep The Meezer from being impossible to live with.

So, I applied. And I only told a couple of folks I email back and forth with, along with my coworkers, my vet, my landlord, a couple of friends...well you get the drift - everyone but you all!

I didn't want to disappoint anyone (least of all me) if I didn't pass muster.

Everything has gone smoothly with all the references. And tonight, I had my phone interview...

And - I'm approved to be a Siamese Cat Mom...! We'll be on hold for awhile, until the proper time...but that's approaching faster than most of us would like. Still, to know that we can jump and get the "right" Siamese boy-kitty when he appears on the scene, is a relief.

It's caused quite a stir in the household, you know? The Calico was more demanding than ever for her dinner...

And The Meezer?
Oh! Mommie, A new TEARSTRIP?
I can't believe you found a new one...I've missed it so much...
What do you mean I'm going to get a BROTHER?
Well...as long as he leaves my tearstrip alone, I guess it's okay

But he can't take my spot under the covers!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could they deny a fabulous Mommy like you?

I hope they all get along! And the new brother has the sense to leave the Tearstrip alone. :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Wonderful!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Congratulations!!! That's fabulous news. Of course, they'd be crazy not to approved such a wonderful mama, but it's a relief to have made it past that hurdle :)

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. The right cat will find you at the right time.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The introduction of another cat at some point should make things, err, interesting. Good for you.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, back home to catch up with all the news. Wow, (and "Wow", in meezer) what wonderful news. Congratulations!

4:27 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

How wonderful that you will be able to give another furkid a loving home!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Of course they approved you...you are so good to your fur babies. Adorable pictures of the Meezer. :)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!