knitnana: Counting Down To Charlotte!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Counting Down To Charlotte!

I made a few more Fionas...

(I think that cheetah one is just the cat's pajamas!)

And Dianne managed to get our airfare to Sock Summit booked! We've been emailing back and forth like a couple of middle-school gals, we're so excited...Ah, adventure!

Have I mentioned that the farthest WEST I've ever travelled is to Rochester MN? (Yes, Mayo - which was quite the adventure!)

Oh...and our flight out to Portland? Takes us into Salt Lake City! We'll be flying over you, Margene, and waving! It will be relatively late in the evening and we'll only be in the airport a short 30 minutes or so as we run to the connecting flight! But we'll WAVE!!!!

Now all we need is to see what the availability and scheduling of classes and events will be - get ourselves registered - and then of course, the knitting of items to WEAR there!!! And deciding what to take to knit upon...!

Ok, ok...I have a cat show to do first.

I decided on a stitch pattern for my sis-in-law's avocado silk socks:
Of course, they're Wendy's Cabletini Socks!

I had to make a modification or two as my sis-in-law's foot is a bit more narrow - there are only 4 cable repeats across the top of the foot, and I'll knit my regular heel on them, since that fits my sis-in-law's foot well.

But I'm enjoying this pattern (it's really only 4 short pattern rows to remember and repeat!)...(And did you see? It's only 15 more days till Wendy's book is released - but you can pre-order it now!! (I did, and I can't wait to get it!)

Ok...the cat sitter has been here and learned her duties...even The Meezer deigned to make an appearance, so the sitter must be good...

I've got to get the oil changed - can you imagine that Jiffy Lube didn't have the proper oil filter for a Subaru Forester tonight? There was no one anywhere around, it was a glorious spring evening, the two guys were sitting outside, smoking...and sadly stated that the guy who does their ordering was falling down on the job, I was the second Subaru to come in on this late afternoon and they just didn't have the filters to do the job.

Hmmm...something funny about that picture, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Bon voyage and travel safely! Hmm. The cat's pajamas, eh? Let me paws to reflect on that one :o)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Have a wonderful and safe journey! :) Those prints are really cute! :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Definitely -- sounds like they were looking for an excuse to sit and smoke? It also sounds like you're all ready for your trip -- I hope it's an excellent show!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Don't just wave at Margene--wave at me, too! My town is only 10 miles north of Salt Lake

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!