knitnana: Another Busy Weekend Come & Gone!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another Busy Weekend Come & Gone!

First of all, I cannot really believe that I'm admitting that I watched a portion of the Superbowl. I'm not a football fan, and can't understand what 1st or 3rd "downs" are...the best I can do is say - oh...they're running to (whomever the opposite team's) goal is - yeah! or boo! as the case may be

Ok...I'm into the arts, not sports.

But I've found myself watching a bit of it this year as I waited for 60 Minutes to begin and throughout the season my main goal has been, "As long as the Steeler's lose!"

So it really didn't matter to me who went to the Superbowl, but once it was who it was, I sort of hoped The Patriots would win.

Didn't have anything vested in it, though.

Congrats to The Giants! It was a good game. At least at the end...I could tell both teams were fighting for every single touchdown (yes, I know what a touchdown is!) and point...

Now...my weekend, otherwise? BUSY! (I know, they all are)

I did a lot of sewing...here are a few samples, there are others in process, and more that are done, but so similar to what you've seen in the past that I won't bore you...

Here a navy, red, and gold Chopsticks Grace.

And in another great Michael Miller print, Peace Flowers Oressa (this is mostly pinks and brown...)

And finally, for my friend, Jane, the Purrfect Christmas Kitties Oressa. Now Jane thinks this print is just fun. And it is a bit of an "all around Christmas" print - in that the kitties are wearing scarves and there are stars in the background. Not all that Christmasy. Jane lives in Michigan. I think she can get away with scarves almost all year round!! lolol

(She also ordered a Grand Mera in this fabric and it's one of those "in process" items I mentioned earlier!)

It was laundry day again, so there was much running up and down stairs. I can tell you that I'm doing a bit better on the breathing front. That's the most important improvement of all...Thank goodness for good meds.

I also got in a bit of knitting, tho' not much. A few repeats on the Trekking Sock (yes, I'm doing Feather and Fan again), and a few rows on Catharina. I'm trying not to be swayed into a new project that will require a yarn purchase. I have enough on my Ravelry queue that has the yarn already bought - I really ought to KNIT one of them, now don't you think?

I managed, too, to finish my listening to Jane Eyre on CD during both the sewing and the knitting. I do think it's the best form of multi-tasking there is!

Let's hope the upcoming week is easier than last, shall we?
(((Hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have been ok with either team winning. I do need to say "Go Steelers"! :-)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

We were certainly disappointed with the outcome of the Super Bowl.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Not quite *all* summer {g} I love that fabric as it makes me grin every time I look at it. Looking forward to getting my new Harmony DPs out of the little cellophane packets and into their new home.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you have a restful week - sounds like you could really use one.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I actually took DH to a Superbowl party, since our Yarnbowl got cancelled because of the heavy snows Saturday... I had fun and had been rooting for the Patriots, but couldn't help but appreciate the dramatic last five minutes or so of game play. Ya gotta admit there was a LOT of striving out there! I am so glad to hear your breathing is improving.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm still smarting from the outcome of the Superbowl. *sigh*

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!