knitnana: Knitting? Did Someone Say Knitting?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Knitting? Did Someone Say Knitting?

I do knit still. Promise. And I should let you know that I've been doing better on Koolhaas (tho' I'm a tad bit worried about announcing it for fear of jinxing it!).

I placed my first order from WEBS earlier in the month, and was delighted to find this Trekking XXL in colorway 66 - it's black and grey, purple and burgundy, wine and forest green tweed - and gorgeous...I couldn't wait to put it on the needles and since I spent about 3 days between the end of the Three Dancers sock and getting this one OTN, I have to tell you that was 3 days of withdrawal from sock knitting - not fun.

I neglected to get an early photo of the sock on Miss Muffin, so now it so big, she has to lie down to have a modeled shot! lolol

I started that sock on my Harmony circulars from Knitpicks using Judy's Magic Cast On. Unfortunately, my problem with SEEING the dark yarn against the dark needles returned and I had to switch to my Crystal Palace dpns (size 1, 2.5mm).
(sigh - PLEASE KPs, PLEASE??? Blonde Harmonys soon, okay???)

And my Booga Bag is done - I don't know what else to call it. It's partly a Booga Bag and partly something else (Amanda's Squatty Sidekick bag from Knitting Daily):

I made the bag according to the Booga Bag pattern (plus about 20 extra stitches distributed around the bag on all sides) using Cascade 220 in black, charcoal, and plum, striping as I went - the first plum stripe is about 12 rows, the gray stripes are 5 rows each, with a 2-rwo plum stripe in between, and the top plum strip is 8-10 rows. Then when I got to the last row of black, I calculated the middle stitches of the back of the bag, and knit the loop closure from the Squatty Sidekick bag. The strap is 5 feet of i-cord, knit at the cat show on Saturday! I felted last night and you see it here, dried while stuffed with those vile plastic grocery bags.

I'm going to all canvas shopping bags (oh, and string bags, too) so I'm saving one large sack full of these plastic bags for felting projects - our stores are "going green" and offering their own canvas bags with a 5 cents off your grocery order as incentive each time you use them...Hooray!

The button, I thought was just perfect! It's one that Rebecca sent me a couple of years ago as a RAOK - a little bag of vintage buttons she came upon. Well, I've held onto this one, because I so love the Tree of Life pattern. It's rustic enough that I thought it was perfect for this bag!

Oh...and on that WEBS order? I included enough Lambs Pride Bulky for this from Rowan 42. It's the Helsinki Hap Scarf. I couldn't afford the Rowan Cocoon, but the LP Bulky appears to be the same makeup and weight. And I adore knitting LP Bulky (I used it in the first Booga Bag!).

There was more in that WEBS order that I'll show you later (some is still on backorder), and I also have an order from my dear pal KarY - Peace Fleece for the TikkunTree project...but that's for another post.

This one is plenty long enough.

(Except to say thank you for all the reminders that I can't always have wonderful shows and that doesn't mean anything negative about me. In fact, I've gotten a couple more orders - one even from the cat show! - since that post. Thank you all! I'm taking this day to try to recover from the madness that is putting a vendor booth together ... trying to nurse myself thru a minor bug in the process.)

(Info on TikkunTree and Wear Red Day is available, on my Nana Sadie's Place blog...)

(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

I love your Booga Bag. Great colors!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love the purple and black bag!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I hope you feel better soon! But that lovely bag is bound to help (the button is wonderful!), as is the yarn for your new project. Enjoy :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

very pretty bag!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Your bag looks great and the button is just the right finishing touch.

Rest and stay well!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

The Booga Bag is lovely and so is that Trekking colorway!

3:42 AM  
Blogger kat said...

i love that button too.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

A new bag... how fun! There IS a place in the world for plastic bags, and shaping felted items is it. The sock is pretty durn good looking too:)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!