knitnana: One Down...Still More To Do!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, January 21, 2008

One Down...Still More To Do!

I'm relieved to say that with the five-day weekend I was blessed to have, I finished the year-end accounting and W-2s/1099s for my client, getting signatures, and mailing today (well, preparing to mail today, will GO in the mail tomorrow!).

(And I hope everyone had a few moments today to think about how far we've come in all these years, courtesy of Martin Luther King and so many others who devoted themselves to the Civil Rights Movement! This is just the start of a period that I hold dear every year - beginning with MLK day, into Black History Month, and on to Women's History Month. These two movements that worked so closely together to achieve equality - and no, we're not there, yet, but we have certainly come so very far!)

I also spent more time this weekend in the fashioning of additional Graces (one of these is spoken for, the other two for the show this weekend):


I started my Booga Bag (the second one) last night and started up the sides in the blackest of black...

Then proceeded to add in the plum striping and a charcoal gray, too...

This was mostly completed tonight..and I'm not that far from the point at which I begin the dreaded I-cord. Which I think I'll make up in charcoal. Oh all the yarn is Cascade 220 - I've not knit with it before. It I hadn't had Koolhaas sitting right there (no, I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up - I knit and then immediately tinked one row last night...so it's sitting again. But the Merino Style I'm using for Koolhaas feels so much like the Cascade 220! I don't have a clue how Knitpicks Merino Style felts, tho. Still, I love this Cascade 220...I'm just so impressed by the stitch definition! I might have to consider a sweater of this...*wink*

Oh...and on the table in that first Booga Bag shot? I'm listening to Jane Eyre on CD. I saw the film version on PBS a couple of weeks ago, and realized I don't believe I've ever actually read Jane Eyre! So that had to be rectified...

The Meezer often drops by wherever I'm knitting to check out the yarns I'm using and give her approval...She's particularly interested in Mohair and Merino...

Mommie says this is acrylic. What does an Acrylic look like? Does it have horns?It doesn't smell like a sheep or rabbit...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I spy a Laurel Burch print!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the colors of your Booga Bag! I did mine in stripes too. :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Wow! More wool? You are on a roll. I'm so glad that you've found some that you can knit with. Cascade 220 is my all time, tried and true favorite for felting. Can't wait to see how your bag turns out. Your sewn bags are quite lovely, too.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!