knitnana: Bunny Thumpers?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Bunny Thumpers?

Wow. What a challenge...Ruby wants to know who has the biggest, or the daintiest, Bunny Thumper (on a kitty of course...)

The challenge is to get a photo of your kitty's foot. And then measure it. Actually the measuring is the easiest part...The Meezer thought I'd lost my mind! (Her's measures at 5 inches)

But the Calico Curmudgeon wasn't having any of part of anything at all, which is really sad, b/c at less than 6 pounds, she's probably got the daintiest, and perhaps even the oldest, true Bunny Thumper - you see, CC has bunny FUR.
(that's 4.5 inches of the softest angora bunny fur you could ask for). CC didn't mind me measuring once I picked her up and held her...in fact there was a decided smirk on her face as she glared at The Meezer. You could almost hear her saying, "You see? I'm STILL the Queen Bee of this roost...Mommie picks ME up!"

You can see, however, that The Meezer was in fine "tearstrip" form tonight!

Please note...The Meezer has walrus paws? (she has a walrus belly, too, but don't tell her I said so...Her auntie Lynette calls her "Walrus" all the time...)

Oh. Knitting? I frogged and restarted knitting the Second Sock of the Three Dancers yarn (I was almost to the heel bed when I realized that I'd cast on the toe sized for my Big Sis's foot, instead of my own!). And I have frogged the Koolhaas Hat again. I believe I'm getting off on my count when I feel the yarn slipping thru my fingers and I hurry to grasp stitches, losing my concentration...I think I'm going to wait for my first Knitpicks order (yes, there are two on their way) - which has my size 6 & 8 Harmony circulars in 16-inch size. My thought is that the points are sharper (than the Plymouth metal circulars I'm using) and the laminated wood not quite so slippery. I hope. I hope... and I hope they'll be here on Monday...

By then, perhaps my brain will be rid of this cotton wool...(I'm truly sorry for any snuffling you hear on that video - I'm better, just not quite there, yet!) I think knitting and I just aren't meant for each other right now! (GASP!)
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm wondering if that part of cats is sort of like femurs on adult humans - not hugely variable...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Bunny feet! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Obsidian was aghast that I tried to measure his bunny thumper which, eneded up being 6 inches. So I showed him Meezer with her tearstrip and he cheered up considerately. :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

The Meezer and the tearstrip are just too cool. I've been doing my share of ripping too, 4 hours at knitting on Thursday night resulted in 1, count 'em, one row of knitting.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all that ripping. So frustrating. But I am glad to hear you're on the mend! Loved the video of the Meezer! Walrus Belly? *heehee*

8:01 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Cute vid of the Meez...she looks so velvety :)

I have a Q...why are you buying the Harmony needles individually rather than the interchangeable set?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Kary said...

How adorable!! I love the video - and the Meezer?? Both beautiful & precious! Thanks for sharing, SallEE!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'll have to get a picture of Gretchen's bunny thumpers!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!