knitnana: Got Nothin'
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, January 07, 2008

Got Nothin'

Another yucky day... but I'm hoping tomorrow will be better...

I promised you photos of some of the Christmas knitting as soon as I could get them from my Big Sis, and then when they got here, I promptly forgot to do it!

So...these nutty looking folks are some of my family:

And there are three hats I made - the green one now belongs to my Big Sis, as BIL said he really doesn't care for stocking caps - do you think perhaps he's worried about "hat head?" (Do men worry about such things?) Anyway, she's tickled to have the hat!

And here are Big Sis's Fleece Artist Socks...Mind you, they are the same size. You can see she tried them on over black tights. And since her feet hurt her a lot, it was hard to try to pull them on evenly without causing her pain. (Which isn't the way to spend Christmas - imagine, hurting your Big Sis when you thought you were making her something to feel better?)

Anyway, I think she likes them.

I've gotten some yarn (my Art Walk Sock Yarn Club for January came and it's lovely, but I can't spoil it...so the photos will wait a day or so...) and Rowan Plaid Collection, tho' I have no idea what I'll make - I can't wear these heavy sweaters as much as I love them!

I did go to work today, and it was a productive day...there's a lot to be said for that when your head is full of cotton-wool...!
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Beautiful socks & hats! Don't forget to stick that photo on the Cover Your Head KAL and collect another hat trick! {{{HUGS}}}

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great hats and socks! Men do worry about hat head. I hope your sister feels better soon.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2008!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous socks!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I hope you are feeling better by now! I like the hat family photo:)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

They look great! YES, men worry about "hat head". When my hubby was going to Quebec in December 06 for a business trip, he REFUSED to let me make him a hat (but he deigned to allow me to make him a scarf).

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rare comment from Big Sis here !!
I wore my socks to bed last night (the ones I usually wear have hit the waste basket !!!) And they were so super !! I wondered if they would be so loose that they would work themselves OFF my feet -DIDN"T HAPPEN !! Or if they would be a bit tight so that my ankles would swell as they have done recently almost anytime -- DIDN"T HAPPEN either !!
Thanks, Little Sis -- I LOVE MY SOCKS !!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Nice Family Photo !!!
And the socks are real pretty!!!! :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!