knitnana: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, December 31, 2007

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

I've been reviewing 2007 and everything that's gone into it. I think my final tally of completed items (detailed over on the sidebar there) runs like this:
10 hats
2 scarves (including Clapotis)
6 pr of socks
4 Hedgehogs
2 pr of fingerless mitts
20 dishcloths
1 lace shawl
and 10 squares for a charity blanket

Why is it that the list looks so short up there?
:)
Favorites? The socks and Clapotis. The Chevron Scarf was right up there. Now ask me how many of those things were for me? One scarf, 4 pair of socks, 1 pair of mitts and the lace shawl.

Hmm...You know what that means? I used to think that I knit only for myself and I've said it often enough. But it's not true. I knit a lot for others. Which is cool. But when I look at all the stuff I have on my queue that really IS for me? I wonder when I'll ever get them all done?

So what are my New Year's Eve plans? I'm going to be sitting in my favorite chair listening to a concert with my favorite violinst (Joshua Bell) and working on - YES! - Catharina Faroese Style Shawl! This is the shawl I've put into hibernation several times because of frustration and mistakes. I just have to frog the edging and reknit it. I think. Unless I decide to add another repeat to the length and width. *wink*

I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on the new year, plans I hope to follow and fulfill.

Please have a safe and happy New Year? I'll see you next year!
(((hugs)))


I've told you before I don't like balls dropping, it makes too much noise!
The Meezer

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Why is it that those lists always look so much shorter than we think they will? My evening isn't any wilder. :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Pam! said...

I hope your New Year is healthy, happy, and relaxing. I'm so glad I got to know you this year and hope that continues in '08.
Now, back to college football and champagne!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

It sounds like you're going to bring the New Year in purrrfectly. :) I wish both you, Meezer, and the CC a happy and prosperous New Year!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I think your list is just fine. But there's nothing wrong with making stuff for yourself, either. Happy New Year!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Nice plans for the evening. We had a family over whose wife/mother is out of town. Homemade spaghetti, meatballs, and italian sausage with garlic bread and Caesar salad--bet you could smell the garlic at your house! The guys watched football, the younger kids played games with The Teen, and The Girlfriend and I knit. Ahhhh.......what a great New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year to you!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I remember the hedge hogs! I love those.

Happy New Year!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Happy New Year to Meezer and the gang....

Headbonks from Mr. Cheddar and Ms. Mitz!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!