knitnana: How To Relax....

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

How To Relax....

I did so need this snow day (and look! you get two posts from me in one day - tee hee!)

The day has been moderately productive: walk and driveway shoveled, car cleaned off, and I also managed to assist in a Siamese Rescue - not something I do that often anymore and it was only a minor role I played, but it still makes me feel good.

And then I've knit on my second sock. I thought mindless would be better and last night I'd turned the heel, so I knit up the gussets today and on up the cuff. When I looked down and saw...yup. Split stitch. (I think I remember doing this on the first Three Dancer's sock...guess that meant it had to happen on the second one, too, huh?)

So...I debated about 3 seconds and came up to the computer for a good, strong light. And in the process of trying to record this for you, I also figured out how to manually focus this new camera of mine (I think two of these photos are much better than my norm these days - one still isn't quite there, but I'm learning!)

How do I relax? Well, like any good yoga practitioner...I tie myself in knots! In short, total focus on something. Here I've dropped the stitch down the approximately 3 inches to the split stitch...

Then fixed the stitch in question and slowly worked my way back up, picking up stitches with my mom's antique bone crochet hook:

And here at the end? Almost can't tell there was anything done...

I do stretch the fabric a bit to let the stitches "snug up" a bit afterwards and you really can't tell I did this now...

And - what do you know? I feel much calmer.

We've had quite a bit of fine freezing rain this afternoon and I think we're going to be looking at a nice glaze of ice in the morning.
(sigh)
It'd be such a shame to have another snow day tomorrow. After all, with MLK Day on Monday that would mean a 5 day weekend.

Dare I hold my breath?
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

wow, looking at your sock made me think of fixing mine yesterday, looks like you took care of it with easy though! enjoy the snow

5:43 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like a lovely snow day. Nice fix on the sock, too. That's a long ways down! More relaxing is the way to go!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

You get your 5 day weekend. Day classes are closed tomorrow!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Great fix and fantastic photos! Unfortunately my new camera isn't equipped with a manual focus. I'm off to Best Buy to exchange the thing for another that will better suit my needs. Wish me luck!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Skeincocaine said...

It is supposed to snow this weekend! Knitknitknit!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds like a great snow day and looks like a perfect repair on your sock. The photo quality is really good too.
Have a great weekend!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782