knitnana: Progress!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Progress!

Thanks for the good thoughts sent my way lately! I'm slowly making some progress. Where there's a will, you know, there IS a way! (and the only way is through, too!)

Still a whole lot left to do before I can say that 2007 is behind me, and today's news included more stressful stuff to come in the next month, so I'm not out of the woods at work at all. But. There is progress. And for that I'm grateful.

Packages have arrived again today, so I'm remiss in showcasing the spoils of my Christmas bounty (I think I'm almost set in the Harmony needles department - just a few more to order (and a couple that arrived which have to be replaced as they have minor flaws, but stuff that would snag delicate yarns, so hopefully when I call, I'll have my normal good luck with Knitpicks customer service!)

Below, you can see that Koolhaas is back on the needles. The Harmony needles. Last night I found that these were making a difference (as I'd hoped!). The needles are helping me stay on track in the pattern, but I also discovered that this pattern, at least for me, must be done without TV. As with knitting lace, Mozart is fine. But I have to focus and it's too easy to be distracted with the TV on. Fortunately, these days, there's not enough interesting on TV. I'll happily keep it turned off.


Speaking of TV, I'm seriously considering that when next February (2009) rolls around that there will no longer be any in this house (except for watching movies on DVD or video). I have an ancient set that I truly don't watch that much. I dislike being forced into purchasing a new set (and no, the box option through cable isn't an option on this set...it's at least 15 years old, and perhaps older.

Anyone else thinking that maybe the TV will go the way of the dinosaur? Do you use your computers to watch DVDs?

Just curious....

OH...and in my "can anything else go wrong" department...I was knitting away on Koolhaas last night when my 27 watt full spectrum bulb blew with a *POP!* and startled the dickens out of me. No. No one locally has one. I'll have to order it. (sigh)

Ok. Here's the Harmony needles stash - I'm absolutely in love!

I cannot say a deep enough thank you to - Big Sis and Ruinwen for allowing me the means to achieve this glorious set of needles! I am going to knit happy for many years to come!
(oh...but what IS it with the nasty plastic smell of that Interchangeables organizer bag???)

And I promised you this! The shot of the Palette Petal and Blush. (Petal's on the left). The color I thought Petal was is Blush. Does anyone remember "ballet pink?" The color of Danskin's leotards somewhere around 40 years ago? That's the color of Blush! I hope this photo conveys the difference, because it's just striking....

No I haven't decided which I'm going to use with my hat, tho'. I also got white and I may just use it. But Barbara-Kay suggested that the Petal just might be the "punch" that Fair Isle needed and I think she might be right!
lolol

We're supposed to be getting "weather" overnight and tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath, but if the Community College closes, it's a snow day for me!
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky! Those needles are awesome!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I already just use my tv for watching dvds/vhs. But I would MUCH rather do that than watch on my computer screen - 27" vs 13"... hmm.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Hope you get your snow day!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Happy Snow Day! whooo hoooo!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think I still have all my old ballet leotards and possibly some tights, though none of them would fit now! :-) I upgraded my TV recently to one of those large flat panel HDTVs, but downgraded to an HD antennae (no cable or satellite here) so we only get over-the-air broadcast. Works fine with me since we get six different PBS stations fairly well.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

It's amazing what a difference a pair of needles can make! I'm so glad you're on the right track with Koolhaus.

As for TV? I need my big screen to watch all my ball games. :)

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time we had a TV was 1996, just before we moved to England. The UK has an annual TV tax, and we just couldn't stand the thought of paying tax to have a television.

So we watch dvds on our computers--small screens, but great picture! And if I need something to knit to, it's book tapes!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!