knitnana: Another Day Off and...Pay It Backwards?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Another Day Off and...Pay It Backwards?

Another "Snow Day" which was funny to say the least. By 10 a.m. it was 45 degrees! No ice left, but there was still snow. The roads were clear, I ran errands, because at that point they were saying we were going to get more snow tomorrow! Now, that's just a "dusting" for us, but of course, all could change when you live in the wedge of the Blue Ridge! So because Monday is a holiday, I do indeed get a mini-vacation of 5 days off! I so need it...today was spent doing payroll reports for the year for my client, and W-2s are almost finished at both jobs. Not fully printed, but the worst of the verification and calculations are over. Whew. There might really be light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an oncoming train!

Now, I got this a couple of days ago, and no photo I took was decent. I read an instruction from someone on another blog and thought I'd try it - depress the button 1/2 way to focus, then hit it to take the photo. Here are the results! What do you think?

That's an odd twist on the Pay It Forward swap going around blogland. When I announced my participation, back in November, I did a random drawing and drew the name of Diana. When I let her know I'd be sending her something over the next 12 months, she announced she'd send ME something! And this is it! a box by Knitwhits to make 3 kitty toys!

We'll see what the girls think of this (when I get them made up!). Thank you Diana!

And news on the Koolhaas front. I'm doing a bit better with it. I'm about 1/2 way through the second repeat of the pattern, and what seems to be the biggest problem now is that I knit a crossed stitch (behind) and as I knit the stitch crossing in front the back stitch slips off the right needle. I don't even realize it's gone until I'm on the next round and run out of stitches before I'm out of pattern!

That's not happened to me before, so it doesn't bode well for the Helsinki Hat Scarf from Rowan 42. The yarn is on it's way, too. (Along with the remaining skeins of Kidsilk Haze I needed for the Earth Wrap from the same issue. Yes, My name is Knitnana and I'm a "yarnoholic!")

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I feel like I should be saying "Hi, Knitnana" right back as if we're at a yarn-aholic meeting. :-) Keep going on that koolhaas hat. Once you get your groove going, it'll be so much better. Those are going to be some cute kitty toys!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I have that kit for felted mice, too. Sometime... Snow days are great.

10:18 AM  
Blogger kat said...

how nice to have such a long break. The photo looks great, my new camera requires doing the same thing but it really helps take great pictures. I'm sure now that you know the problem you are having with that pattern you'll watch out for it more.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

The picture looks fabulous! Way to go! I love that little kit. Definitely update us on how the girls like it. So glad to hear you're making progress on the Koolhaas. Keep at it!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I always do that little trick with the camera and it seems to focus even better. Glad to hear you are relaxing and unwinding and unwinding lots of yarn too!!!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to have a day off! We didn't get that big scary storm they said we would - but we did get a bit of snow. I hope things are going better and you can breathe easier!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!