knitnana: KTS3 Swap & Scott's Mtn Pin!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

KTS3 Swap & Scott's Mtn Pin!

Our office was closed yesterday, so my KTS3 package couldn't be delivered...so it arrived today! Will Pillage for Yarn has been such a cool swap pal...we weren't secret, we knew each other all along...here's the box...notice the cool cheetah/leopard tissue? (does she know me or what?)

Look at this stitchmarker. I've got to find out the details on it - it's amazing...I believe it's blown glass - soooooooooooo cool!

And here's the rest of the haul (yes, that's what it is...)

3 kinds of tea - Kusmi tea in Bouquet of Flowers #108, Petrushka (did Rainy know I used to dance? MUST be!), and Duchess's English Breakfast...a rose teapot (for one) a tea strainer (I think I might have mentioned I didn't have one!), a Ritter Dark Chocolate and hazelnut bar (I LOVE THESE) a Dagoba extra dark chocolate bar (Birdsong has mentioned these but I've never tried one...can't wait!!). THEN THE YARN!!! OH MY. STR lightweight in Nodding Violet, and a gorgeous Filatura Di Crosa wool blend called LOVE in the prettiest shade of muted amethyst! It's soooooooooo soft!! And in the far right corner of the photo? The card is one of my favorite Steinlen cat prints (I collect them, Rainy - I don't think you knew THAT!

I do believe, without a doubt that I have the very very best KTS3 pal! Yes, I do!

Thank you so much Rainy - this was such fun! I hope you enjoyed my swap gift 1/2 as much as I did yours...

As I had client duties to attend to tonight, I was also able to drop by my post office box (it's in the same part of town...) and what was there???


Only the very sweetest shawl pin from my good friend Chris! And she dropped in a set of 4 stitch markers, too...You're too sweet Chris! They are stunning...notice the amethyst stones, and the pink and red Austrian crystals...I just had to have more of Chris' work - it's fabulous, you know? You DON'T??? Well, then go right now! You MUST!

Chris, you see, will work with you to design just what you like - She let me pick my favorite colors in gems and crystals - my signature colors of purple, red, and pink (Purple for Lupus, Red for heart disease, Pink for women's cancers).

(and those stitch markers? well...they include the clean white crystals which represent lung cancer - they were a surprise - Chris is as good a "secret pal" as Rainy - she reads my blog, too!!! lololol! I lost my aunt to lung cancer last summer, almost a year ago...)

Two of the best ladies in the world and I can count them as friends - you can too - drop by their blogs, Chris' shop! Two very very sweet and talented gals!
(((Hugs)))

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear Sallee - I'm so happy you're pleased with the pin and markers - it really means the world to me!!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I'm so glad you liked everything :-)

The stitch marker is to ward your knitting from the evil eye - I plan to sell them on my etsy store eventually.

I didn't know you collect that artist. So do I!! :-D I was just sharing something that is one of *my* favorites. Yay!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I thought that eye bead looked like the Egyptian hieroglyph for warding off evil. Everything is so beautiful!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Nice haul! I love that evil eye, you know how I love good luck charms!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great haul! And that eye stitch marker is fantastic. If oyu find out the details, please share. Have a great weekend.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

How cool is that? Glad you had such a wonderful swap! :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

That is the coolest stitch marker I ever saw! I hope Will Pillage will sell them and let us all know - we all need protection from the Evil Eye!

Your haul is delicious - even the inedible parts are delicious!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Wow! What an amazing haul! Love that stitch marker.

I just adore Chris' jewelry. She's such an amazing artist.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Mmmm, lots of goodies in that box!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I think the eye bead is a lampwork glass bead. Very cool!

What wonderful things! Enjoy!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!