knitnana: Half Over Already?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Half Over Already?

I cannot believe how fast the weekends fly by! It's been a busy Saturday, starting with a routine stop for bloodwork at my doc's office - I get to see my favorite "red-headed vampire," as he's the only one who can sneak blood out of my tiny vein (um..yes, there's only 1 good one left, folks!) without bruising me. This is because he used to work for my vet - taking blood out of kitties hind legs. Those veins are tinier even than mine...So we got that out of the way for the next 2 months...I had some other errands to run, and then got back to the house to cut 4 bags and begin working on them. There was laundry, you know the drill? Running up and down stairs to move things from washer to dryer to folding in between sewing a seam, pinning things together and such...

Then my friend Lynette and I again performed a repeat of last weekend: dinner at Panera Bread (I have created a monster, it's the only place she wants to eat now!) and then back here to knit. I wanted to use my Addi Turbos and so picked up the skein of Navy Wool-Ease left over from my first lace shawl (I can't believe it's been two years since I made my first shawl!) and cast on for a hat.

I was able to give Lynette her Mavis bag (just a little late for her birthday last weekend, but I'm not sure what gift it was - birthday? Christmas? Thank you for saving my data when my computer crashed? Anyway, this is Koneko Kitty by Alex Henry. I just love this fabric! (Lynette did, too!)

When I ran by the post office today, there was a package from Kimberly. She'd said she was sending me something to help me through losing my BB. Well, I was very surprised, and touched, when I opened the package to find The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman! This has been on my wishlist since it came out! Kimberly sweetly inscribed the book to me as a remembrance to the loss of BB.

Well, it just means so much to me! Thank you Kimberly. I'm looking foward to spending a lot of time in these pages. You're such a sweet friend to realize I need something engrossing to help work thru the grief. And EZ's quote on page 5 "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."

I surely will.
Right above the book, you'll see my second heart patterned dishcloth is 1/2 way done...with more cotton waiting...

And finally Chris showed Chaos' bare belly, so everyone else is doing the same. I was pretty sure that The Meezer had decided it would be a cold day in a very hot place before I was allowed to snap a shot of her very fuzzy underneath. Well...


she was lying on the rug in front of me as I knit tonight and I had the camera hidden next to me. Stealth won out. I'm not positive she knew I took the photo!
(((hugs)))

12 Comments:

Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

you sure been busy- sounds like some fun! go for it with the addi lace!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I really adore that bag. The fabric is just adorable! Can I ask where you got it?

I love the shot of Meezer's sweet belly!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Tell the Meezer that she has a beautiful kitty tummy.. The bag is beautiful and your hat is really coming along for just casting it on last night. I love making hats - they're quick & easy.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

*gasp* Meezer belly!!!

That's a good book - I just read it a month or two ago.

11:42 AM  
Blogger kat said...

busy saturday! How sweet of her to send you that book

11:44 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Enjoy your new book!

The Meezer, of course, has a very regal belly. So furry! Chaos must be embarrassed!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Hubba Hubba! :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Awwh she looks so cute! :)

Look at you go on those turbos! And another bag...you've been one busy bee! :)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Alexander Henry fabrics. And that is yet another of their great prints.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a busy but fun weekend you had. Well maybe not the laundry. hehehe

Love the photo that you posted of Meezer. Looks like one of my cats.

The bag is just beautiful!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tummy shot! =)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

I LOVE this blogging thing! ALl the people we get to meet with the same strange obsessions as we have. Life is great!

Bert & Chief say Meezer's tummy looks cute and they'd knead it anytime!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!