knitnana: Knitting Thru Sadness...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Knitting Thru Sadness...

As the Blonde Bombshell fell seriously ill this weekend, I decided to start a project I'd been putting off...something soothing without much thought, not expensive, but pretty...


Caron's Simply Soft (colors white, bone, and light, medium and dark Colonial Blue), in the Old Shale pattern from Jan Eaton's book knit on Susan Bates Quicksilvers size 9. I'm using silver cat stitchmarkers made by Kelly (and the blue hearts are my own). This is the pattern of the afghan I was making when I first learned to knit 35 years ago (when I was just a kitten...*wink*). I was so surprised to see it in this book. But considering I made the better part of 2 afghans with it, it seems the most natural pattern in the world!

I worked on it as Blonde Bombshell went from bad to worse...it's a comforting knit.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on the loss of my little girl. She was my heart. I will miss her forever. My other two kitties are jockeying for the "top cat" slot in the house, not realizing that neither one will win first place in my heart. They share it already. We're all a bit sad around here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so sorry. But, I'm glad to see that you are knitting...that will help.

Pets bring so very much to our lives and hearts, but sadly, we usually live longer than they do.

Hugs to ((((YOU))))!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*hug* I'm glad to see you're knitting on...

11:12 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

My heart still goes out to you and your purry furries. I'm glad you can find a little solace in knitting. The Old Shale has some lovely colors. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Take care. :) and...lots of hugs!

5:49 AM  
Blogger cate said...

Sallee. My DD#!, Amelia Joy, still talks about your cat. About how she 'loved' on her. Your Kitty was very special. Thank you for sharing her with my girl.
cate

9:16 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I am so sorry I didn't know about your loss. Knitting does help through all our trials. May you find peace.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Sallee, it tugs at my heart too and I'm happy to hear you're knitting...comfort one stitch at a time. I truly believe knitting has healing powers in so many ways.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

So Sorry about your loss.. acts are very special people!

Your Afghan looks beautiful..
Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

3:43 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so glad you're finding comfort in your knitting. My heart goes out to you. **hugs**

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Sallee, I'm so sorry about your loss. As a pet owner (ownee?) I totally sympathize. Take care!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I did not see this previously. I thought BB was still with you and Meezer. My heartfelt sympathy Sallee. And I agree, Mitz and The Blonde Bombshell are now paw and paw, strolling in the garden of feline delights. Hugs to you and Meezer.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!