knitnana: I Was Good to ME...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Was Good to ME...

I carefully saved my pennies and ordered these:

Two pair of the Addi Lace needles (size 4 & 6) in the 32 inch lengths, and then two Addi Turbos in size 10.5 and 13 in the 16 inch lengths for making hats for charity knitting.

Angelika is amazing. I paid for 2 that were on back order. Then a couple of weeks later, ordered the other two and said, "it's fine to hold them and ship all together to save on shipping...

And she did! I'm just so impressed with Angelika.

We here in the Blue Ridge Mtns. have been forced into much online ordering as our one LYS leaves much to be desired. Oh, there are a few others, but they're all about 45 minutes or more away and in these days of high gas prices, we don't trek down the road at the drop of a hat anymore. WELL we have just learned this week that there's to be a NEW LYS in town - and it's just about 5 blocks from my house!! And oh my...some of my knit group have talked to the new owner - she's creating a store where we can find unusual yarns, with rooms for classes, and oh there's this space in the front to "sit and knit."

Right down the street, only a couple of doors down, is a nice little breakfast restaurant...I have visions of breafasting with "my people" and scurrying down the block to sit and knit of a calm Saturday morning...

Too exciting.

And oh btw...what a Knit Night we had tonight - Pam I had a blast chatting tonight - as usual, Catie, Nikki, and Diana were all there with their wheels (along with a few others who either don't have blogs, or I don't know their blogs...

I can truly understand what Stephanie means when she talks about knitters as "her people."

They're mine, too. And enjoying that feeling of complete ease - of belonging. Well once a month is just too seldom to enjoy that feelings.

Ladies. I say we have got to do something about this. We at least need twice a month, dontcha think?
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I'm all for another night...

6:49 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

You only get together with your people once a month? Oy! I meet with mine once a week! Definitely try and plan for twice a month. You all need each other. :-)

Congratulations on the opening of a new LYS! And so close to home? Prepare for stash enhancement. ;-)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh oh - 5 blocks away?! Danger! Danger! :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

A new LYS, how exciting! It sounds like it will be a good one too. I hope you have a good weekend!

8:23 PM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I love checking out new yarn stores! But meeting only once a month? I hope you are in other groups -- that's what I end up doing. I'm such a group harlot!
=:8

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

You lucky little girl!!! I don't have a LYS near me. I would have to drive 3-4 hours for the closest one. Go have some fun for me okay?

8:53 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Oh, you enabler. I just bought some circs (for the same reason) and it's your fault (as always) -- I'm looking forward to hearing about the new LYS and your knitting get-togethers!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Addis and a new LYS...the knitting Gods have sure smiled upon you! :)

I feel that knitting with the girls brings me such a sense of community and connectedness. I couldn't imagine my life without it. :)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!