knitnana: Busy Busy Busy...

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Busy Busy Busy...

I get such a kick out of certain months...June is one. In my work, we have 3 different years to worry about - of course, the calendar year we're ALL on (for payroll), then the federal fiscal year - which matches our organization's fiscal year (October - September), and then the state fiscal year (July - June). So three times a year, I get to do "year end."

Which is why June is so high up on my list...NOT!!

Obviously, my days are a bit stressed right now. So I can handle this sort of knitting:

That's the first dishcloth I've made from the Evelyn Clark book Dishcloths From the Heart that I mentioned down below...I have a second one on the needles now.

Then on my OTHER blog, I've been talking about making changes for health reasons...I know I should do all this stuff anyway, but every year about this time, I have to renew my commitment. It's easier when gorgeous stuff is in the stores to feast upon...tonight I was able to put together a magnificent salad on the grocery store salad bar (I know, it's not locally grown, but still!)

And another commitment is doing more yoga...The Meezer insists on helping me:


I'll keep the bag warm for you

You should have seen her with her head down in the bottom of the bag - and don't you KNOW the camera was in the den on the desk? A long ways away...drat! I managed to get up and get the camera but too late - this was the best I could do!

And just because things are busy at work, doesn't mean that Nana Sadie Rose takes a break...


This is one of my most recent Sadie bags. I could not believe how the fabrics went together for this one (I know I say that a lot, but this one really was amazing!) I had the outside fabric from one of my online sources. I went up to Floyd, VA to Schoolhouse Fabrics (about an hour away and up a REALLY steep mountain - with the twisty-windy roads to boot!), and in two different rooms of the store I discovered the inside lining (which is a smaller scale white on violet print that matches the outside) and another print for the pockets that mimics the outside done by a completely different fabric house.

THAT'S SERENDIPITY! I love it when that happens...

Ok...enough break...back to work!
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I got my bag today. I LOVE IT!!!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, I need to get recommitted to living healthfully. I do pretty well on the eating, but gotta get back in my exercise routine...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I love that fabric! I haven't been to schoolhouse fabrics in years. But then again I am trying to stay away from the fabric craze. Still not finished with sisters quilt. Shame on me!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous bag!

1:04 AM  
Blogger kat said...

good for you on the health kick & eating a salad is great even if the ingredients aren't from your local farmer's market.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful bag!

I like how The Meezer "helps" with your yoga. I've been trying to get back into that myself. Watching a cat do "down dog" or "up dog" can be a bit disheartening. I hope you can stick with it! Don't skip shivasana at the end! You'll need it with all your June work.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Wow! Both the bag and the washcloth are beautiful.. And the Meezer, as usual, is gorgeous!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

I love the way you always find the perfect fabric for your bags...that purple really is stunning...another masterpiece! :)

What an adorable dishcloth! :)

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782