knitnana: Busy Busy Busy...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Busy Busy Busy...

I get such a kick out of certain months...June is one. In my work, we have 3 different years to worry about - of course, the calendar year we're ALL on (for payroll), then the federal fiscal year - which matches our organization's fiscal year (October - September), and then the state fiscal year (July - June). So three times a year, I get to do "year end."

Which is why June is so high up on my list...NOT!!

Obviously, my days are a bit stressed right now. So I can handle this sort of knitting:

That's the first dishcloth I've made from the Evelyn Clark book Dishcloths From the Heart that I mentioned down below...I have a second one on the needles now.

Then on my OTHER blog, I've been talking about making changes for health reasons...I know I should do all this stuff anyway, but every year about this time, I have to renew my commitment. It's easier when gorgeous stuff is in the stores to feast upon...tonight I was able to put together a magnificent salad on the grocery store salad bar (I know, it's not locally grown, but still!)

And another commitment is doing more yoga...The Meezer insists on helping me:


I'll keep the bag warm for you

You should have seen her with her head down in the bottom of the bag - and don't you KNOW the camera was in the den on the desk? A long ways away...drat! I managed to get up and get the camera but too late - this was the best I could do!

And just because things are busy at work, doesn't mean that Nana Sadie Rose takes a break...


This is one of my most recent Sadie bags. I could not believe how the fabrics went together for this one (I know I say that a lot, but this one really was amazing!) I had the outside fabric from one of my online sources. I went up to Floyd, VA to Schoolhouse Fabrics (about an hour away and up a REALLY steep mountain - with the twisty-windy roads to boot!), and in two different rooms of the store I discovered the inside lining (which is a smaller scale white on violet print that matches the outside) and another print for the pockets that mimics the outside done by a completely different fabric house.

THAT'S SERENDIPITY! I love it when that happens...

Ok...enough break...back to work!
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my bag today. I LOVE IT!!!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, I need to get recommitted to living healthfully. I do pretty well on the eating, but gotta get back in my exercise routine...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I love that fabric! I haven't been to schoolhouse fabrics in years. But then again I am trying to stay away from the fabric craze. Still not finished with sisters quilt. Shame on me!

11:00 PM  
Blogger kat said...

good for you on the health kick & eating a salad is great even if the ingredients aren't from your local farmer's market.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful bag!

I like how The Meezer "helps" with your yoga. I've been trying to get back into that myself. Watching a cat do "down dog" or "up dog" can be a bit disheartening. I hope you can stick with it! Don't skip shivasana at the end! You'll need it with all your June work.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Wow! Both the bag and the washcloth are beautiful.. And the Meezer, as usual, is gorgeous!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the way you always find the perfect fabric for your bags...that purple really is stunning...another masterpiece! :)

What an adorable dishcloth! :)

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!