knitnana: Swallowed Up - Stressed - Loving It!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Swallowed Up - Stressed - Loving It!

I've started the preparations for two marathon sessions of sewing for shows: The Star City Cat Fancy show is the weekend of July 7-8 here in Roanoke, and then there's the National Capital Cat Show in Northern Virginia in September. I'm finishing up orders (as quickly as I can!) and thinking, planning, pulling fabrics in between...Nana Sadie Rose is getting ready to go on the road again!

So here, a new bag. I've done many more, but they've all been fabrics you've seen before (no two bags are identical, as I always change SOMETHING) but this is brand new...

Calico Cat Mera in red, black, and white.

To sustain myself in sewing madness, I have discovered these (yes, I'm no doubt late again to the party!)

This is either a terrible thing, or the start of a beautiful relationship - I'm not sure which!

The "end of year" at work continues...so I'm reeling by day, stitching by night...

Also - if you haven't yet signed up for the waiting list for Ravelry? OH MY. I got in on Friday. And I'm having a blast - it's all there on the site. Go check it out - and for heavens' sake - sign up!! (I think I was on the list a couple of months - but you know how time gets away from me...)

I had a little time while I watched the news...so this got finished - the second I've made from Dishcloths From the Heart. Oh what are you waiting for? This is a delightful book of heart patterned dishcloths!

Oh-oh. Chaos warned me about this...MOM!

14 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Love that new fabric too! When finances are in line as if that ever happens) I'll be in need of a new bag. Probably your sock pouch! I wish you hadn't told me about those M&M's!!! Now I have to go look for some for my chocolate stash!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Love the red kitties!

Dart chocolate M&Ms. Found those not too long ago. It's a lovely relationship, but not sure it's one I should be having. :-)

And I so, so, so want to get on Ravelry. I signed up awhile back, but I haven't been invited in yet. I keep waiting and hoping and eating M&Ms. Maybe they will let me in to save me from myself?

9:12 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Love the new kitty tote, Sallee! Didn't need to know about the M&Ms :o)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Love the calico cat bag! I've been actively avoiding those new M&Ms, so I am going to pretend you didn't say they were good.

I don't think The Meezer is too thrilled with the whole modeling thing. You covered up her beautiful coat!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Those are cute red kitties.

And the real kitty qualifies for "Stuff on Your Cat."

I finally got in to Ravelry. It's great, but I need time to work on it!

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

The Meezer looks lovely modelling the pretty blue cloth!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Such cute fabric! And doesn't Meezer look adorable modeling your cloth? :)

Enjoy Ravelry...I'm still waiting to get in.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Love the new bag. One day I'll own my very own Nana Sadie Rose bag. One day!

Dark chocolate M&M's? Augh! So far I haven't seen them in Hawaii so maybe they haven't gotten here yet. Here's hoping!

4:12 PM  
Blogger kat said...

Oh no you've started stuff on my cat!
btw anything dark chocolate has to be a good thing!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Your Siamese kind of looks like she is wearing a little blue saddle. Thanks for the nice comment. My knitting supervisor says, "Quit fooling around and finish those socks already..."

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh! Be still my heart! Dark chocolate M&M's!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

who are you on ravelry? I'm there too, username "rainwood" Your bags are BOMB. So cute and SO WELL MADE. OMG. I love mine. I just found the cunning inside pockets! I hope some of my tea ladies buy a bag from you after I posted your URL on our email list.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Beautiful bag, washcloth & kitty! You do amazing work. :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jen!~ said...

Love the bag! Fabric is Fabu!. Mezzer reminds me so much of a Siamese I had as a teenager. His name was Chow Ming. Beautiful Cat!

I enjoy dishcloths beacause they are quick knits. Love the color and hearts.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782