knitnana: Well..It's Back to the Grind...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Well..It's Back to the Grind...

The one thing I wanted to try to get done during the holiday days off has taken more than just that time, and really has still more to do, but I'll show you the fruits of my labors...Let's start with a couple of "before" photos of my office/knitting room:

Not that it's TOO messy, right? *wink*

There were boxes of yarn stacked, and tossed, I had boxes of "stuff" from the move that had not been processed, unpacked or, in some cases, just plain tossed. While there is still too much in this little room, I think I've made a little progress...

This is storage that has to be kind of "make-shift" because I have bought lots of odd pieces of the white laminate storage furniture and tried to configure it to this apartment when it mostly fit pretty well in the last one. The one piece in the photo above that is new is the middle shelf behind the swift and the stereo that has three sections to it (oh, the third divider is behind the swift)? I bought that yesterday at the Domestications Outlet. It's one of those serendipitous finds. Unfortunately it also weighs a ton. Somehow I got it upstairs, and then UP onto the "desk" that's created by two small bookshelves connected by a 2x4-foot shelf board (and my back is fine!). I haven't yet figured everything that will get housed in that spot, but I'm sure you can imagine I'll have no problem filling it up with something.

Here is a shot of my desk (yes, it's two file cabinets and another of those 2x4-foot shelf board and a box of keepsakes that works well for a footrest)
The best decision I made recently was to take the full-sized keyboard off the desktop. Unfortunately, I'm so much of a clutterbug that I quickly filled the available space with more stuff!

And here is the best seat in the house!

My knitting chair - as you can see there's more of the white laminate bookcases, two sizes there, stacked...there's a long wooden bookcase that fits right under the window...I have more books and magazines than ought to be legal...

Ok. There's much to do in the room yet, and I wanted to share one of those things:

One of my favorite Christmas gifts was from Big Sis. She purchased the JS Perry print on the left there, the Star Bright Siamese. I already had the one on the right, Bookmark, but I hadn't gotten it framed. So she framed Star Bright and bought a matching frame for Bookmark. These will have pride of place in the knitting room as it's become the spot for all of my Siamese cat art. And as you can see, The (resident) Meezer approves...

Today was the KnitIn's postponed Christmas party with Dirty Santa. We were snowed out the week before the holiday and were lucky that we could all get together today...

I'm in love with the gift I picked (and am amazed that no one snatched it away from me, as I had #3 of about 13 people, so there was ample opportunity for me to lose it! I wasn't able to snap the photo quickly enough to show how much The Meezer loves the little stuffed lamb...I'm looking forward to testing out the linen on the shawl pattern, even tho' I realize it will be slow going. And yes, that's a Namaste double point case.

But The Meezer got THE extra special holiday gift from Big Sis:

That cat pad has 'nip in it...

But I'm sure you can't tell, right?

She spent a long time on it yesterday evening.

And didn't even bother to screw her eyes closed when the flash went off (of course, that's why the eyes are so yellow, you know. She's stoned out of her mind and those pupils are fully dilated!

(oh, and yes, I'm sure you can tell, but my family usually makes it a catty Christmas for me...I wonder why they do that?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

So many good things! Your office looks wonderful -- congratulations on tackling that job :) And I particularly love the bookmark picture -- how fun that you have a matching set now! I can't wait to hear what you think of the linen :)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Delighted with your room 'makeover'... we have been on the same wavelength once again! Mine isn't done yet, though I have been inspired by the AARP Clutter Challenge to do a LOT! Those are some pretty durn cute photos of a happy Meezer.

8:27 PM  
Blogger squiggi said...

I love that picture above your chair. Steve Hanks, Right???

The siamese prints are kind of cool too. I'll have to send you a pic of some of mine. there's a local woman that does cats on books. One is a siamese on all computer books - the other is a black kitty on top of all kinds of mystery books, with a little yellow feather at the bottom of the pile. She has quite a sense of humor.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Ah, a cleared room makes for thinking that is clear, too. And for me it has a physical effect of letting me relax. (So why don't I keep my rooms more clear???!)

Thank you for the before shots, too, as they help all of us know that others really don't keep their house impeccably ALL the time.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Looks like you made out well at the Christmas party. Sorry to have missed it this year.

Organization always feels good doesn't it?

I wondered why the Meezer was being so 'good' sitting there! Nip, good idea.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Stoned kitties are so cute.

I LOVE your knitting chair! And that rug in your workroom. Organization.....gah. Something I've been slowly doing in the office these last few weeks.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You made a lot of progress in your craft room! However, it doesn't look like the Meezer was in any shape to help you--no need to ask if she enjoyed the holidays.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!