knitnana: Christmas Eve?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve?

Where did the week go? I hope everyone got their shopping done, and you're all safe and sound...this storm in the middle of the country sounds terrible, and we're bracing now for freezing rain late tonight into tomorrow...that's not as bad as the blizzard conditions west of here and we hope the electricity holds). But the ice will be on top of all the snow we got last weekend, so it won't be pretty.

I've been fighting a sinus infection for about 2 weeks, and today it hit with a vengeance. Typical, huh? Sick for the holiday? Actually, for me, it's been a few years since this happened, so I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

While I did run out to the grocery store this afternoon, today has mostly been an indoor day and I finished the last of the Christmas gifts that had to be done by tomorrow...(I still have one more thing OTN, but it's okay to wait till next week)

Since they're for the two younger grandsons and I know they're in bed now, I think it's safe to show them...

I used more stash yarn - the Red Heart Kids. My only concern is that the smaller ones will be too small for the three year old. He's a big boy.

But I knew the larger ones (for DGS2) would be fine, as he's a bit bigger than my eldest grandson, and my earlier set is too big for DGS1. So I think everything will be fine - and if they're not, the smaller ones will get donated and I'll make another pair for the littlest grandson.

A bit of knitting detail: the larger pairs were knit on size 8 needles, and the smaller ones on size 5s. The pattern is Basic Mittens for Children which is a free pattern. I'll be making some for our NoSoKnit during 2010, as these are amazingly easy and fast. The smaller pair? I made, start to finish, today. The blue/green pair I had on the needles yesterday at work, but since I didn't have a lot of time to knit yesterday, they were mostly done today. See what I mean? FAST.

The Meezer and I wish you all the very happiest of Christmases, and we're heading off to bed early...

After all, Santa is coming and we don't want him to by-pass us because the lights are on, dontcha know?
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Emma said...

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It is nice to think of you doing all your preparations on the East Coast as I'm doing the same here in the midwest. All of our travelers arrived safely and we took our traditional Christmas Eve walk through falling snow - it was delightful! The tree is ready, I'm having a quiet glass of wine to settle down for the evening, and it is lovely to think of all the knitting friends we have across the globe.

Peace and joy to you!

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, home from the 11 pm service, which actually concluded at 12 am, so we could truly wish each other Merry Christmas.

I'm too wound up to go straight to bed, plus I had a nap to make sure I could do the late service. Knitting away to calm myself.

Merry Christmas!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

Merry Christmas!!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger squiggi said...

Merry christmas!
Hope Santa's good to you.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Merry Christmas!!! The mittens look great.. {{{HUGS}}}

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!