knitnana: Oh My! We Are A Rowdy Bunch of Gals!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh My! We Are A Rowdy Bunch of Gals!

Christmas 2009 at the Ravishing Reds of Roanoke!

Where? Coach & Four Restaurant (only my favorite place in town!)


I'd just gotten terrific news at my Weight Watchers group that I'd made my 10% goal (there's a new one up there now, see? And that goal? It's set for January 4, 2010. Not so far away...but not that much to lose, either!)

And as I walked into WW, I happened to look into the salon next door to see my cardiologist waiting patiently for his wife. I went in and reported to him my weight loss results...poor man, he sees me once a year, and without the chart in front of him looked a tad bit bewildered! I assured him I realized he wasn't connecting me to the patient he sees, but that I'd be in soon for a checkup - so far 17 pounds lighter. He shook my hand, grinned and said, "Congratulations! Keep up the good work" and we wished each other Merry Christmas...He might have started out the brief encounter in a fog, but I suspect he was totally genuine once it kicked in that he was seeing a successful heart patient!
*wink*

So anyway I kinda celebrated at dinner tonight. As I said, I rarely go to this restaurant and it's my favorite place. I enjoyed prime rib, but only 1/2 what I normally would have, a baked potato (with Molly McButter!), and a salad with fat free vinegrette on the side - oh...it was a sesame vinegrette, and very very good!). No bread, but I did have a second glass of merlot - my one real "excess."

But ladies, we had a blast...and it was good to cut loose a little....

(you know, when you are a "lady of a certain age" you do sometimes need to throw caution to the winds! we just cant be staid and respectable all the time!)

Our Queen Mum, Joyce, is retiring but staying with the group. In our conversation we discovered that she, like me, will be family-less on Christmas day, so we have decided we're not staying home but we're going to plan something - probably a movie, not sure what else. Whatever we end up doing I know we'll have fun!
:)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your continued weight loss and stick-to-it-ness. (Why yes, that's a proper word.) 'Tis the most difficult season of the year to do that, and I'm proud of you!

DH and I saw the previews for Sherlock Holmes, which is supposed to open Christmas day. We're going to try to see it between Christmas and New Years. Check out the trailer on-line.

8:59 AM  
Blogger margene said...

'Tis the best time of year to be with grrlfriends. Congrats on reaching your goal!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger squiggi said...

Congrats and way to go!
10% is a wonderful achievement and a nice christmas present for yourself!

10:20 AM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Good for you! And you ought to start practicing now for when it's time for you to wear purple. See http://www.aztriad.com/pathmark/purple_poem.html Go for it and have lots of fun! xxx

4:51 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I am sooo proud of you for your weight loss.. and a bit envious too. I can't seem to budge, and the holidays offer a lot of temptation. I have been able to increase my exercise, so at least I am taking care of my heart that way. Glad to see you went out and celebrated, with fun grrlfriends. I know you will wear the purple well:)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Staid and respectable are highly overrated! It sounds like you had a fabulous time (and I love the cardiologist story -- I bet he felt good all night on the strength of that encounter). Your Christmas day plans sound lovely; I have a whole list of movies I want to see that I probably won't get to, so I'll live vicariously through you :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Did you sign the board?? Because I think I'll be hitting my 10% next week and would love to sign under your name again! Congrats ... I'm so proud of you! (and me. hee)

8:28 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

You are inspiring me. Not quite to action yet, but at least to thinking about action.

And I love the thought of being Queen of the Red Hats. Why would anyone ever pick staid over the chance to rub shoulders with royalty?

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!