Ten on Tuesday
I love the holidays for these reasons:
1. My grandsons’ sense of wonderment – tho’ I worry that they’re entirely too acquisitive – they still have that child-like amazement about everything related to Christmas.
2. Single white candles in each window of a house – that’s my favorite lighting display.
3. White poinsettias on beds of pine boughs (with pinecones attached).
4. Snow – ok, not a frequent occurrence here, but still, when it happens, it’s magickal.
5. Our extended family gathering which never happens ON the 25th.
6. My favorite personal decorations: my ceramic tree with my Dad’s handcrafted red wooden sleigh with Rodney Reindeer sitting inside.
7. Windham Hill’s entire series of Winter Solstice CDs.
8. Making gifts that are totally not expected – one year it was sock monkeys for the boys, this year it’s something totally different from my normal craft pursuits.
9. Holiday concerts – orchestral, choral.
10. Christmas movies – at home, with popcorn and lots of knitting.
That’s it. My list of 10 Favorite Things about Christmas. What’s yours?