knitnana: Shawl Infidelity...OR...Two Many WIPs?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shawl Infidelity...OR...Two Many WIPs?

I know...Google is going to go nuts with that title, right?
:)
Today - Saturday - after a crazy week (one evening I actually had 5 things to do, including a Red Hats dinner and Knit Night!). Well, today my sis-in-law and I had a yard sale...I know, just shoot me, right? Well, it might as well have rained for all the people we had stop by (and it was just totally a gorgeous day - not a cloud in the sky, no humidity, a bit breezier than it should have been and clothing racks went skating across the driveway, but hey, I will NOT complain!). I have no idea - Maybe it was because it was the first good Saturday we've had in weeks, and tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. Anyway, not a good yard sale. But I knit on the second Bubblegum Bedsock!

Then I dropped by my LYS - Knitter's Knook...drooled over some lucious Kidlin...yes, THAT's going to be following me home sometime soon - when I decide on a lace pattern (I promise, Becky, I just gotta find the right lace, and then decide between the cranberry and the purple!).

But I got home, unloaded the car, did some routine clean-up around the apartment that had been put off since mid-week in my frenzy to do everything between Thursday and today. And then headed off to dinner with Lynette! (Just too tired to cook and we hadn't done dinner in weeks)

Finally, home. And I pulled out...well...
Remember my Tebaldi DFS? I had to tink a week ago (is it humanly possible for me to knit lace with doing so? I don't think so...), and had set it aside. So now I got another good four rows under my belt and I'm feeling better about it - starting the 4th repeat of 11...

And then it hit me.

Star of Evening! I knew when I saw this pattern that the Meezer Yarn would work up beautifully in it - as it just wasn't right for the VLT Trinity Shawl I'd started out with...

So. I couldn't stand it. I was completely seduced. (Anne's patterns do that.) DFS went back in it's bag, and out came the Meezer yarn. And away I went...Thru the point rows, the setup rows, and here all the way thru the first row of the body (so I could show you the two bound-off sides that form the edging...):

ISN'T it perfect? I am so happy with the yarn in this pattern (ok...it's not a lot of lace to show yet, but I really think it's going to be perfect!)...

And then...
I noticed someone else's interest!
But, I'm not sure it's the shawl...
Nope...it appears that The Meezer has excellent taste in needles!
Addi Lace needles to be exact!

Oh!! Fun!! These taste good, Mommie!

I promise, I rescued them...immediately after this shot.

No Addis were harmed during the creation of this post...

And now, I guess I've admitted my worst, and possibly fatal, flaw...I'm a promiscuous lace addict. *wink*
(((hugs)))

10 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That colorway does look perfect. Keep good notes so you don't get confused!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The Meezer yarn is going to work up nicely in Anne's pattern. So far, my feline trio haven't attacked my circulars, but they're complete devils with a skein or ball of yarn.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

That pattern is perfect for that yarn. Brilliant! :)

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the way that looks.

Now that I have my sock mojo back, I have to get back to the lace that's on my needles! You inspire me. :-)

12:55 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

The yarn and the stitch are perfect together - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished shawl.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

The P-Man has shown interest in a cable or two as well...I've had to rescue a few myself. Love the new shawl, it looks great with the Meezer yarn.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Looks like the beginning of a beautiful shawl!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa F. in CA said...

It's fabulous!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Lace will do that...its so flirty. ;) Sorry about your yard sale...guess everyone is waiting for their Bush checks. That patten will be so perfect with the Meezer colorway! :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I'm so behind in blog reading, that I'm just getting here now. And of course, now I know the after-story to Star of Evening. (deep sigh...)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!