knitnana: Ok. Goodies, Two! (Too?)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, May 09, 2008

Ok. Goodies, Two! (Too?)

While my brain still isn't quite in gear after yesterday's events - and oh my stars, I had no idea so many of you all knew Rae! (Tho' running NoSo Knit here in Roanoke all those years, I shouldn't be surprised! Not to mention all the other knitting events she attends.) I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by the generosity of knitters - again, I really shouldn't have been surprised, given Stephanie's Knitters Without Borders milestones and Wendy's ability to fundraise for Heiffer, International, too...But you folks have just blown me away!

I can't update you much tonight, as I've not heard from Rae. I didn't expect to, as I think they're very involved in making arrangements for the basic necessities of life.

Still...I wanted to touch base tonight and let you all know how much this means (Rae was bowled over last night when I saw her, and very, very tired).

So...with that said, I had to come fulfill a promise I made last night! I have postponed discussing this wondrous gift that appeared this week in my mail. I didn't want it to get much later before a public thank-you appeared here, so here goes!

Some time ago, I was quite taken with a mobius wrap that Karen made. I don't completely remember the particulars, but apparently she promised me her copy of Cat Bordhi's book. I forgot about it, and Karen's been tied up with her own concerns, but about a week ago, she emailed to say that I should expect it...(she had to jog my memory of all this, too! lol). Well, she didn't just send along the first book, she sent the second one, too!

And as if that wasn't enough? This gorgeous Blue Sky Alpaca/Merino - this stuff is sooooo soft, and the perfect grayed-out amethyst! (I just love it...and have not been able to stop petting it!)

And...

then she put in Claudia Handpaint Linen in Summer Rose (3 sks)!!! The colors in this are just amazing - like a rose garden (and we're just beginning to see the roses burst out around here, so I'm being reminded daily how stunning those colors truly are! This yarn is a perfect match!)

And finally? This ball of Regia Cotton sock yarn - I've not knit socks with cotton yet, so this will be a treat to try!

Karen had said she'd tucked in some yarn with the books. I had no idea what she meant by that till I opened the box.

This was a completely unexpected and delightful surprise, a gift that will keep me knitting a long time! I'm working on coming up with a shawl pattern to use the linen in, and a scarf pattern for the Blue Sky - perhaps with a cable?

Karen, what can I say? You're such a sweetie...Thank you a hundred times over! (((hugs)))

4 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, gosh. Sallee, you are most welcome. I'm glad I was able to surprise you - and so pleasantly.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

What a nice surprise and gift..some gorgeous yarn.
I think you're most deserving of a nice gift after the trauma and devastation with Rae.
I'm knitting my first square for the blanket..being a very slow knitter on #2 dpn's...it may take a bit.
Look forward to seeing you at Sedalia...
Hugs until and be safe~

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Surprise gifts are wonderful as are good friends.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

You've got a lovely haul there. Isn't Karen an amazingly generous soul? She's a gem among gems.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!