knitnana: Everyone's At MD S&W
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Everyone's At MD S&W

I don't live so far that it would be a hardship to go, and in fact a bunch of gals from my knit group did...I even had an offer of a place to stay! But you know, with my own show season beginning, that's just not an easy decision to make - take an entire weekend at the first of May to go and spend a lot? Okay, it would have been just a lot of fun to see everyone. And I'd have loved to have gone to a Ravelry event. But...well, there's a show on the 25th at Sedalia, there's a show the first weekend in July (cats, of course!) and that means...Nana Sadie Rose has to sew!

I finished this last night and mailed it off this morning with the other needle cases you saw earlier this week:

Open!

And rolled to hold everything together (no they don't slide out!)...

But just because I didn't go to MD S&W doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy fibery pursuits!

Here's one of the nice things I did for myself this week...see that black yarn?

It's Zephyr laceweight in ebony for THIS and those metallic beads on top of the yarn? Yes, those will be in this black lace shawl. The other beads are for fun. Don't know what I'll do with them yet. But I couldn't resist them...They're from Beadaholique which was highly recommended by my friend Karen. And what great service they provided! As did Sarah of Sarah's Yarns for the Zephyr.

I have a few other things on the way, just doing my part to help kick-start the economy, doncha know? lol But the tax stimulus check is going on bills...

(oh...and that's the new IK that arrived Thursday, too, but I'm not so sure there's much in there that called to me - I tend to be less interested in spring and summer knits anyway.)

And the other thing that's happening for those of us in our knit group who stayed behind from MD S&W? A knitting backyard picnic at Pam's tonight...I'm planning to take the camera and will hope for good photos and good weather, too, because the rain? It's on it's way, but is supposed to be t-storms tonight, and just cloudy for our little Par-TAY! (Keep your fingers crossed!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Geraldine said...

Hope the rain didn't dampen your knit night! Such a busy gal you are Sallee, I wish I could find the motivation to do even half as much as you do. Impressive!!! Huggs, G

7:01 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Love the needle case and the Syvia Harding pattern! Black lace and beads? You'll be dressed to the nines!

Also, I'm glad you're happy with the bead source :o)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I met someone today who knows you - you sell your bags in her shop. I think her name was Becky. So cool!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh that Norwegian Woods Scarf/Shawl is *gorgeous*.

As for Maryland, maybe I'll be able to catch up with you another year, because I do plan on coming back!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!