knitnana: Socks Galore!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Socks Galore!

The STR Atomic 6 socks came off the needles tonight and straight into a white vinegar bath. Interestingly, it must have worked as there were no signs of dye in the bath...So I hope my feet don't turn purple! I'll show you the completed sock by the end of the weekend - once they're dry!

I'd cast on for the toe of this sock at the same time I started the STR socks:

And tonight I turned the heel. I'm still working on the gussets and contemplating what cuff to make. It may just end up being plain old vanilla stockinette. Sometimes I just want something easy, ya know what I mean?

And I've decided my next pair of socks will be hot pinks! I've got to get away from the dark and drab...I need cheer and I think PINK ought to fit the bill! lolol

I'm sure happy tomorrow is Friday!
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Meezer says you could knit some blue like her beautiful eyes!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

When I started knitting I had the problpem of only using dark blah colors. In the last few months I've started to go color mad. I think the flip happen when I learned how to knit socks. Boring socks are fine but who has awesome crazy socks in circus colors? Knitters! We rock!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Glad the bath worked! Nice to hear the enthusiasm back in your voice! :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

If the straight vinegar doesn't work, soaking them in vinegar and then nuking them (glass bowl, covered with plastic wrap) might work, too - that's how we set set our freshly dyed yarn.

1:02 PM  
Blogger LaniMei said...

I would love to learn how to knit socks. Any suggestions on DVD's or books I could use? I would really like to take a class but nothing is offered locally (Canton, Ohio)

Thanks.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Sometimes pink is just the very best pick me up you could ask for!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I think hot pink will be a fabulous color. I'm becoming much more partial to it myself. :)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782