knitnana: Thursday Thinkings - Or Trivia - VERY
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thinkings - Or Trivia - VERY

The brain cells haven't picked back up to normal (there's evidence they're not completely dead, tho' as I got my client's payroll done tonight) but I'm easily exhausted by half a flight of stairs, coughing like an elderly 2-pack a day, 40-year veteran smoker (which I'm not!), and just in general clawing my way back from the brink (without my knails, too! No Fair!).

But here are a few things I can comment on tonight (and I have no photos, so if that's what you're looking for, you don't have to continue to read my drivel):

1. There is the most divine shawl here, at Anne's that I would love to find the perfect yarn for - okay, it's probably BMFA's Laci in Mustang Sally (didn't you know I'd say that?) and I'm seriously regretting beginning The Meezer shawl as it's boring - the pattern, not the yarn - yawn...yawn...boring! and I can't imagine anything of Anne's ever being boring. While I'm at it, and dreaming away, I'd love to knit Irtfa'a in BFMA's Laci in Valkyrie. Ah ANNE. You know I love your stuff, gal!

2. Then there is another divine shawl HERE or here if you're on Ravelry. I know exactly what yarn I'll use for it if I decide that square shawls are now something I'd like to try...(no, I'm not sharing that particular piece of information with you - yet.)

okay...changing gears here from knitting to ...

3. I think the entire world has gone mad while I was sick. This week, all heck has broken loose. I had a perfectly good description of what I mean here and decided to delete it. You all hear the news. Are you all as sick of it as I am? Am I maybe just touched in the head by the bug? Please tell me I am, okay? Things aren't really this bad???? I'm truly writing in Dolores in 08 on the ticket. Fiber for all!

And uh, Laura, it was really, really declasse for you to show up yesterday in white behind the Pope...especially when you look so ravishing in RED.

(wonder whose head is gonna be on the block for that protocol faux pas?)

Now. I'm going back to my vaporizer. Maybe if I get enough oxygen by the weekend I can make a bit more sense?

4 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

I am definitely voting Fibertarian this year.
Go Dolores!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hopefully you are feeling better now...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I'm sorry this one has knocked you for a loop! I hope it's getting better surely, even if slowly. Meanwhile, though, it looks like you've had some time to think about lace (we love lace!). I'm with you on all of Anne's shawls -- I'm still on the hunt for the absolute perfect yarn for Irtfa'a :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Georgous shawls! I'm voting for Delores too! Please, please, please take some time to yourself this weekend and beat this awful thing you have. (hugs) :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!