knitnana: Important Milestone...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Important Milestone...

I've been busy...and I wanted to share a couple of things...below? This is an extra special set - a friend asked me to make a Posy from vintage kitchen curtains she'd found...I don't normally like to work in such fabrics, as you can't guarantee the results the way you can with quilting cottons. But I agreed, especially when I saw this fabric!

Not sure, but I think this was known as "hopsacking" and it's not in the least substantial being a loose evenweave material. Still...with a bit of stabilizing, I think it turned out really well...so well that I emailed and asked if she'd like an Oressa to match her Posy, and she said yes! So the set is complete!

Then, after last week's aqua Yin Yang Kitties Glady case that I showed you, I created this Posy in the same print, but in the red colorway! Isn't it great? I'm getting ready for Sedalia, can you tell?

Now...on a serious note? Today is a milestone for me: eight years ago today, I had a heart attack. And I survived. I didn't know the signs, which are different from men's symptoms. Do you? The WomenHeart site is one of my favorites and is an organization near and dear to my heart *wink* so you might want to surf around there and learn a thing or two that's new?

I'm healthier today than I was eight years ago, though of course, I could always improve...Still, I'm really happy to be here, a heart attack survivor.

And in honor of the day, these arrived in the mail - I did not plan it that way!

BMFA Pink Granite STR.

And I've coveted the Hot Flash colorway for about 2 years now...and never had seen it EXCEPT on blogs. But - suddenly there it was. And that seemed like an omen. So...I couldn't buy just one - instead I bought the two of them!! (Blame it on late night web browsing, okay?)

But they both make me happy which is exactly how I feel today!
(((hugs)))

15 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Oh I love them!!!! and congrats on your health milestone. You know I take care of quite a few women who couldn't believe they were having a heart attack ...but they were...

9:23 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Such a lot of pretties on you post today! I love the bags.

Congrats on being a survivor -- and wishing you many more healthy years.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

8 years ago, we all got very lucky - I can't imagine not being lucky enough to have met you :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger errs said...

I've got that Pink Granite. I don't know why but I had to have it when I saw it. I still haven't picked a pattern. Have you?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Congratulations on your milestone. I'm glad you're here.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Barbara-Kay said...

Congratulations on 8 years - I'm so glad you're here to post and make fab bags!

Keep on living healthy...the Meezer loves you!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you are still with us, 8 years later! Love the bags, too. I think it's so cool when vintage fabrics can be repurposed for modern things. I used some Campbell's Soup Kids fabric in a quilt for my son once.

I have some weird vintage curtains that I think belonged to my grandma. But the fabric isn't nearly that cool.

10:50 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I was about to say, "Imagine what you (and we) would have missed had you not received the care you needed." The good thing is that you don't need to imagine it. You are here and I, for one, am grateful!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your health milestone! It is important to learn the warning signs. My grandmother died from congestive heart failure. She missed many of the warning signs.

3:34 PM  
Blogger kat said...

That is quite a milestone & its good to know you are healthier...I think its all the knitting

6:00 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Kat, I laughed out loud! Yes, I think you might be right - it's all the knitting! And the friends I've made since getting back to knitting, and ... The Meezer, of course!

Errs. No. I have no idea what pattern to use with either colorway of STR. I think whatever I do with Pink Granite will have to be good with stripes - I don't think that is going to be nearly as subtle as it appears. The Hot Flash? I think a nubbie pattern - maybe Wendy's Easy Lace?

Anyway, I'm delighted I'm here, too - with all my knitblog buddies!
(((Hugs)))

7:38 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I am so glad you are happy and healthy Sallee. Your energy and zest for life continue to inspire me. Do hope you will stop by my poetry blog soon. Miss 'seeing' you. Huggs, G

PS Mr. C and Ms. M. send their best to the Meezer and CC

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congratulations on your 8 years! You have many more ahead of you and I can't wait to read all about them.

Love the new bags! But then again I haven't seen one yet that I don't like.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Congrats on being a survivor! I'm so blessed to know you! :)

Everything is so lovely on your site. You can take any fabric and make it into an amazing treasure. :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yay for eight years! I'm so glad that you're here :) The yarn seems like an absolutely perfect celebration -- enjoy!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!