knitnana: I Do So Need This EXTRA Hour!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

I Do So Need This EXTRA Hour!

I'm glad it's time to turn the clocks back (finally!). I'll hate it tomorrow night, of course, I always do. And it will take a couple of weeks to adjust.

But let me tell you, with the pace I keep? I desperately need one more hour of sleep. Which is why this post is going to be photo-heavy, and less wordy than usual.

These went to California today...

There are 20 of them. Some patterned, some plain Grandmother's Favorites, but all sent with prayers and good wishes to those who've lost their homes to the fires...

While I was busy sewing today...others in my household were blissfully unaware of virtually anything going on...

...one was quietly protesting the change of seasons, burrowing under the down comforter on the bed...


Here are just a few of the Nana Sadie Rose creations that have either already left my hands or will soon do so...
The Color Cats Mera
And a striking Ears & Whiskers Grand Mera and Posy set...

And Roxanne I did it! I started my Three Dancers sock.

The photo isn't the best - the colors are terracotta and dusty salmon with gray blues - I LOVE them. Miss Muffin was called into service as model.

No, I haven't decided on a cuff pattern yet. I may just do "plain vanilla" stockinette. Then I don't have to think and I desperately need a mindless sock just as much as I do that extra hour of sleep tonight...

Can you tell it's that time of year for me? Orders from the cat shows, craft shows on the horizon, and Christmas! It's such a busy time...just plain and simple knitting is the best I can do.
(((hugs)))

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

The yarn is pretty enough to not need any pattern!

I always want to touch the Meezer when I see her, she looks so sleek!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Sometimes plain and simple knitting is the best thing the doctor can order!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I was grateful for the extra hour last night, too.

8:26 AM  
Blogger margene said...

It's a rough couple of weeks for me, too! I love your bags and use mine often.

8:38 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Poor Meezer...

Love the "Ears and Whiskers" set, Sallee! Very nice.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Beautiful kitties, beautiful bags & the sock colors are great. You really made some fancy washcloths! Mine are all plain garter as they're my "mindless" knitting projects.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Plain and simple knitting is wonderfully soothing.

10:08 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Hey knitnana- I see you know cats a bunch but I know from my last contest that you love rowan 4-ply so I'm letting you know that my November post "in the meantime" is looking for pet advice with a random drawing for some more rowan 4-ply.

1:02 PM  
Blogger RoxanneZYG said...

Ahhhhhhh, plain knitting...I think the yarn will be great for stockinette...can't wait to see your progress :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Cute kitty bags! That yarn will make a georgous sock! :)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!