knitnana: Ten on Tuesday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

Today's post is Ten Random Things on My Mind! Oh, random I can do, let me tell you, and my to-do list in my head will suffice, I believe...?

1. I'm weeding out things. Thoughts of a yard sale, but probably just a Craigslist sale, and then Goodwill donations. It's just not yard sale season quite yet.

2. it's tax time, and I've got to get busy and get that done. I have no idea whether I'll end up with a refund or not this year, and it's bugging me! I had some substantial things change this year, so I can't parse it out in my head, I've got to get it down on the software to see!

3. I normally don't do spring cleaning, just my usual slap-dash around the house, but after hearing a report on NPR's Morning Edition today I think it would be a good idea to try to do that. After all, I have allergies, and so does My Sweetheart, so do the grandkids and it might make for some improvement! Especially since I'll be in the house a good solid week after the shoulder surgery next month and won't have the ability to use one arm for 8 weeks (someone else will have to vacuum!).

4. during that convalescence, I am hoping to really learn to crochet! I'll have the ability to use the fingers of my left hand, but my right hand and arm will be fine. I'll probably still work on sock-knitting (I'm a thrower), but would love to try to do a better job with the hook.

5. since the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire was cancelled this year, I have a bit of time to try to beef up the stock in the etsy shop. Please let me know if there's something you'd like to see more of in the ready-made section? (there's precious little in there now, so anything would be an improvement! LOL!)

6. with spring comes all the wonderful veggies and fruit and that puts me in a mind to cook and make great stuff with it all. Being committed to the principle of buying from local vendors, I can't wait for the farmers' markets to really begin to flourish again! Our Saturday mornings are fun excursions to a couple of the markets in our area for really fresh yummy salads & great vegan recipes - THOSE are what I adore...

7. another big random thought for the season is that NOW we can get out and hike, and bike, and walk on the Greenway looking for those great photo ops that My Sweetheart loves. He's very into these things and really a good photographer! So we'll be "killing two birds" so to speak - getting the exercise we both need to be heart healthy, and also having those wonderful photos to record the days together. We're even considering "birding!"

8. then I'm also looking forward to September when I'll be at the National Capital Cat Show again. So as soon as possible after the convalescense, I'll be at the sewing machine, making all sorts of cat-themed items. See that ticker up there for dates.

9. in September, too, is My Sweetheart's son's wedding. We're so excited for them both, and looking forward to celebrating this big event.

10. and now that I'm at the end of my random list, I'm realizing that most of this list has to do with things to keep me busy. I really need to put "quiet time" on my to-do list. You know, the time for meditating and just "being." I'm bad about that. I can't tell you the last time I tossed myself down on the bed, and stared at the ceiling (with both cats sniffing at me to be sure I'm still alive! LOL!). Downtime. It's a foreign concept. And I need to "schedule" that in. (beyond the enforce down-time of the surgery, of course!) ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! What a list. I'm tired by just reading it...lol. It made me realize I haven't done my taxes and I really need to to that. My house could use a good cleaning too - hard with the two families. I need to learn some new crochet stitches as well for edges and such. And definitely...down time...what's that? Let me know when your surgery is and I will send reiki. Hugs! :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

I think some down time sounds like a good idea for you!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!