knitnana: A New Job for Cloths For Crisis, If You're Interested:
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, June 25, 2010

A New Job for Cloths For Crisis, If You're Interested:

About 5 years ago, a bunch of us began knitting dishcloths and sending them to areas of the Gulf Coast that were hard hit by Hurricane Katrina and then Rita. When that crisis passed, we hung together in a yahoo group, and eventually became a group on Ravelry. Eventually most of us began knitting whatever was needed for our own communities and the projects the group focussed on ceased.

But today, I learned about Craft Hope's Project 8. 10 inch squares of cotton - knitted, crocheted, or sewn, these squares, combined with workers and Dawn dishwashing liquid are saving the lives of waterfoul birds encased in oil. You've seen them, I've seen them. It's one of the most overwhelmingly painful things I've seen in years. And it's one thing I wish I could assist with.

But when you've got all these responsibilities, it's hard to pack up and head to the Gulf. "Helpless" is a lousy feeling.

So... finally I can do something...10 inch squares: can you do some? I know I can.
In fact? I've already got one almost 1/2 way done, see?

Grandmother's Favorite on size 8 bamboos - Lion Kitchen Cotton I've had forever, bought on sale when Hancock's moved out...I have no need for the dark mossy green, but since it won't last long washing off a pelican, that's neither here nor there.

So join us if you can, the details are on the Craft Hope link up there.

In other news, I survived a very busy week, managed to get caught up completely on my bag orders (Whoohoo!) and even managed to finish these Wednesday night:

These are the Iris colorway by Serendipitous Ewe. I'm afraid I have to call it the Patrick Henry High School colorway.

Ok, school chums. I'm ready for the next get-together!

2 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Very pretty socks - and excellent job posing for the picture!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great cause. I'll make some cloths to send. Your socks look great! *hugs* :)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!