knitnana: It's Been A WEEK?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Been A WEEK?

I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but I was truly surprised to see my last post was last Saturday evening!

I won't say where did the time go, because I know. In addition to all that's required when you plan and execute a yard sale, I also had a fundraiser dinner on Tuesday evening, a Red Hat's dinner on Thursday evening, and we ate out again last evening because it was just easier than trying to make something while you're setting up the yard sale proper. Of course, I also had to work all week, and made a couple of runs to my business client's office for miscellaneous responsibilities, too. The week was so jammed that I didn't get to either of my yoga classes. I can only hope that running 6 ways to Sunday, up and down stairs, loading and unloading the car multiple times to take thing to my sis-in-law's for the sale we had today, and tugging and pulling, pushing and hefting, setting up and tearing down, count as activity points in Weight Watchers! Since I know that ironing counts, I think I'm okay...(especially since, in spite of having 1.5 Sangria Swirls on Tuesday night at Abuelo's, a glass of merlot and 1/2 a Berry Zabalione at Olive Garden on Thursday, and not paying any attention at all to intake last night at the local Hollywood's - it was a black bean quesadilla with mixed greens salad for the record) - the scale went down 1/2 a pound this morning, so I must be burning the extra stuff off!)

I also had to squeeze in a trip to the doctor, as lo and behold, I really have been fighting off an ear infection for the past week! One z-pack started, I'm beginning tonight to feel a little bit better...but the ads for today were already in the paper and on Craigslist, so we couldn't cancel today, as it was also "rain or shine!"

Tonight, after what I have to say was a moderately successful yard sale (I never do the huge sums that I hear some people rake in at their sales, but I don't usually have large items to sell, either), I managed to schlep less than a carload back home (the stuff I'll donate to my local Discovery Shop and a few things I decided to keep - plus display tables from dear friend Lynette - THANK YOU!). And post shower, post settling in...I took up needles that have been waiting patiently all week for me to complete the last row and cast off on Ishbel (Ravelry link):

I won't get a minute to block, I don't think, before next weekend...but here she is in unblocked, lace-glob state.

During the last bits of knitting her, a series of thunderstorms rolled in. They waited till after the local knit group finished their WWKIP day over in Salem and I expect they all made it home. The baseball game, however, that sis-in-law, niece and nephew-in-law attended was still probably going!

As the grumbling began, my fearful Siamese feline was quite apprehensive:

Was that thunder? I'd better run.

Someone else was completely unfazed...

Yeah, so what Meezer? Mommie will keep us safe.

I guess I've got him fooled, eh?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was starting to get worried about you. Glad you were just busy!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Another jam-packed week at Sallee's, why am I not surprised. The "kids" seem to take it all in stride, judging by the pics. I've never been great with yard sales but selling items via ads etc, watch me go. Speaking of stuff to sell, I'm sending an email with a request.
Hugs to you and the gang, G :<)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Fabulous on all fronts - the incredible productivity, the weight loss, the wonderful shawl that if it looks that good now, wow, I can't wait to see how it looks blocked!

Enjoy a quiet afternoon - I have to head out to my WWKIP right now.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Wahoo! She is startlingly beautiful can't wait to see the blocked version. I am glad you did 'well enough' at your yard sale; there's such sparse traffic here that I don't even bother anymore. I will be hoping for a calmer week to come for you and better health too.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, Ishbel is gorgeous! That color is so you, too, i can't wait to see a modeling shot! I'm glad you're starting to kick that infection, and I hope this week is more peaceful for you (and me!).

11:56 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow! Ishbel is beautiful; you do such amazing knitting - - you really do!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Your Ishbel is a beauty! I am sure to see you wearing it this fall.

My greyhound is a basket case when it thunders. Nothing calms her.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Ishbel is lovely, even unblocked! It's funny how some cats are very scared of thunder and others could care less.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!