knitnana: The Tonk Is Back In The House
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Tonk Is Back In The House

The Tonk has been at the vet the past few days, being evaluated and having a certain stuff done. 'Nuf said?

The consensus is that he has suffered a head injury in his past - such is the life of a rescue, the possibility always exists that you are getting one that was abused and tossed out. He will always have his head tilt, but thankfully, it seems that's the worst of it, besides not being able to learn stuff, at least not very quickly (he's smart, but retention isn't his strong suit - thankfully his mom, or someone, taught him litterbox manners and for that I'm grateful). His circling behavior is the remains of the injury, too, and when he's stressed, he will probably always do his circling dance (we can live with it).

I visited every day, which might not have been the smartest thing to do. He was totally stressed and freaked whenever he saw me, desperate to go home. Last night, it was all I could do not to break down and agree...but I didn't.

Today he came home. His physical condition, otherwise, is great! And all the girls at the vet (including the "head gal," his doc) are quite smitten with him (the smooth little devil). I was told often that he was a "silly boy" which happens to be one of my pet names for him.

All the way home, I was treated to a loud and insistent vocalization of every single solitary ILL (both real and imagined) that was bestowed upon him over the three days.

I do mean LOUD.

When I got him home, he was sequestered in his den again, as he needs a bit of recovery time before venturing into the rest of the space. I heard about that, too. And I especially heard...

I'm HOME!!! I'm HOME, did you hear me MOMMIE??? I'm HOME and I'm NEVER leaving again, you hear?

Yes, dear, I hear you, and that's fine...(shhhh...until it's time for his shots again next year, that is).

Finally, I broke out a treat I've been saving for this day...

OHhhh...a MOUSIE (in fact, it is a needlefelted alpaca mousie from Sedalia Fiber Festival...)

It's MY Mousie, Mommie, I'm not sharing

I left the room while he played and of course when I returned there was no sign of the mousie, so I'm not sure where it is...

This little guy is a lover, let me tell you, he spent much time up and down onto the desk, into my lap, back up again, across the laptop, stretching out on the desk to have raspberries blown on his belly, and finally dropping to the floor as I continued to type. But after a bit I noticed he was going...going...

and finally ... gone.

Welcome home, silly boy. We missed you much.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet kitty and so lucky to have found you!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Re-Illy Unique said...

Ohh he is such a romancer! And so happy to be home with momma by the smile on his face in the last pic :)
Cutie!

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. Thanks for sharing the photos. He's such a sweetheart. It appears that he found the best forever home. Bless you.
Janet

5:19 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You've got a winner there -- he is definitely the right cat for the right home. I'm so glad that he's home safe and sound :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Such a cute fellow. It's great that he is so happy with you.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm glad your sweet boy is back where he belongs. *hugs* :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Aaahhhh, poor Tonk!!! Sounds like he had quite a week (you too Sallee). Hugs and headbonks to both of you from me and the Ched (does Tonk know about Ched??? :<)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I've been away from blogs too long! I had to go back and read all about your adorable new little guy. He's a sweetie, and I'm glad he's found a good home with you.

7:17 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

There must be a special circle in hell for people who abuse animals and children. Just sayin'.

Thank goodness Tonk found his way to you. You are both fortunate.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!