knitnana: Ok...Those Words? Nom.Nom.Nom.Nom....

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ok...Those Words? Nom.Nom.Nom.Nom....

Remember I told you I wanted someone to make me eat my words in the event I broke my no more yarn buying pledge? (Those words might taste like cardboard, but that's okay.)

I stopped by Knitter's Knook, one last time tonight.
I couldn't help it. The final week: 65% off.

Two skeins of Baby Alpaca Lace in navy. Two balls of sock yarn. A ball of Mango Moon mohair. And a size 0 Addi Turbo (16-inch) - I'd have gotten two but she only had one. And I wanted to take more, but I did reign myself in (ok, just a little).

Becky and I chatted for an hour. The store closes for good on Friday evening.

I didn't cry. But I surely felt like it. I hope she didn't after I left. She's got a cold, crying would make her feel worse.

Becky? Every best wish I can think of, I'm sending your way, love. Thank you. I'll miss you. And see you very soon, I know. Stay safe in your travels. Godspeed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I can't imagine anyone resisting 65% off!

4:29 AM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

It seems to me that in this situation you have a special purchase dispensation.

I took my knitting to Bible study last night. The Mavis bag was much admired, and one lady took your address for Christmas ordering. Fingers crossed!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks Sallee! You're a sweetie! I'll be seeing you soon okay?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

a) It's Becky and b) It's 65% off. If ever there was a time to shop like mad (which I did), it's here and now.

I share your sentiments regarding Becky's departure. Knitting just won't be the same.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I am not convinced that that was a word-eating scenario. That was a supportive thing to do for a friend whom you're going to miss. Very different.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

65% off? What are you, made of stone?

Those words should taste like chocolate.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

How could anyone resist 65% off, it's impossible!!!! No guilt required Sallee. :<)

Hugs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste
I honor the place in you, which is of love, truth, light, and peace.
When you are centered in that place in you, and I am centered in that place in me,
we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782