knitnana: Now I Will Put On the Brakes...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Now I Will Put On the Brakes...

There is much to report. A second trip to Knitter's Knook store-closing sale, which truly was to visit and spend time knitting on a Sunday afternoon, but ended up being something of an orgy of yarn buying (again!)...(and there is an order coming from Little Knits, but I swear, I'm putting on the brakes after this...except for an occasional skein of sock yarn...until AFTER the holidays, at least!)

I knew I needed more Mission Falls 1824 for the Log Cabin blanket (the one that will NOT end...at least it seems that way) and I did get another 11 balls for that purpose, but then there was this:
Green Mountain Spinnery's Cotton Comfort undyed, 7 skeins (80% wool and 20% organic cotton, and so soft!). There is probably a Folk Shawls shawl in my future with this DK weight yarn...

And then, there was this - in the $1 per ball bin:
four balls of lavender and 3 of royal purple. I have no idea what I'll do with this. Perhaps a hat and mitts? It's 100% wool, and someone said "felted bag..?" But then I found this:
for a pair of socks - in my favorite colors and then this:
...which when combined with black will make a wonderful felted bag for me...I have some of the teal for my February Lady Sweater, so the bag and socks are a necessity, no?

And then we had a blast knitting together - there were five of us, but I only got this one photo of Becky and Sandra (who is busy checking out the Sock Monkey Posy Sock Sack Becky has, along with several others, at her shop ... helping me to market my wares!). Sandra and I tripped down 220S together for this delightful junket this afternoon:
Can you see how bare those shelves are? But Becky still has a lot to sell, ladies, so don't delay...OH - And I'm considering the purchase of that loveseat. I have first dibs...

Many, many happy knitting hours occured on that loveseat. Imagine the knitterly history? I'm debating whether it will make it up the stairs to my knitting room/office (the second, and much smaller bedroom of my townhouse)...Technically, it will, and I can just boot out the stuff that won't fit, right? RIGHT? Please help me convince myself this is the best thing for me to do...

Tell me I'm not just being nostalgic in the face of losing Knitter's Knook?

(Ok...now I have to go back to work to help pay for my booty)

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! Major haul there! And it's all such good stuff :) Which shawl from Folk Shawls are you thinking of (I adore that book)? I'd say that the couch seems like a great purchase, so long as it'll fit - it looks very comfortable, it's a great warm color; and it's not like you couldn't sell it again if you ever couldn't use it anymore.

Did that help? ;)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Oh you sneaky girl - I had no idea you were taking a picture :-)Yep, we had a load of fun...

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What lovely finds! It's sad to hear of a LYS closing, however.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

What a haul! You are bad.

As for the love seat, measure, measure, measure, both the love seat and the space for it in your in room.

You don't want to be disappointed in the end.

Debbie
deborahp@ptd.net

11:31 PM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Lovely yarn. And it is always sad to see a store closing. Given the current financial situation in this country, let's hope it's not a growing trend. Enjoy the knitting!

7:04 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

A boatload of yarn (I heart the Comfort Cotton) and a loveseat to boot? It's red so it's a go in my book. What did you decide?

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!