knitnana: A Month to Say Good-bye...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Month to Say Good-bye...

I mentioned a few days ago that my favorite LYS is closing. She's not leaving us for economic reasons, but instead for matters of the heart. Off on adventures with the man she loves, and who, pray tell, can fault her for that? Surely not I.

Others have mentioned that it's a bittersweet event that's taking place now at our beloved Knitter's Knook. A store-closing sale.

It is, indeed, difficult to do. We love Becky so much and the store became a huge part of our lives in a fairly short period of time. It was a bit hard to visit Friday after work, knowing that, while I was about to help her remove stock from her shelves (and stash enhancement is such a wonderful, fun event), I wouldn't be seeing her nearly as often and that would happen very soon. She'll be back now and again, and will keep in touch, via Ravelry. Still...it's just so darned sad to say good-bye...But I did help her with lowering her inventory and I'll be back for more (that Log Cabin blanket needs a bit more yarn, but I'm not quite sure how much yet!).

Two Addi Lace circulars (size 1 and size 8) were added to my collection


And then there was the enhancement of stash - these lovelies had to come home with me, and once they were ON the desk to be photoed? I realized my propensity towards compatible shades:
Three skeins of violet Kidlin for Lilith from Louet (yes, I bought the pattern, too); a skein of Cascade's Heritage Handpaint Sock yarn; two cakes of Zephyr laceweight in Peacock and one in Plum. I also picked up another skein of Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair to finish my Habitat hat...it took a bit more than I'd hoped.

I've finished Habitat and it's blocking now. I'll show you that tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, excellent stash enhancement, even if it is for a sad reason (I think I'd have a fit if my LYS closed!). Maybe it's time for you to open a yarn store? ;)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so sorry your LYS is closing. It sounds like such a special place. At least you got some treasures!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Awwww Knitnana! But we will certainly have a blast when I come home for short visits!!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!