knitnana: NoSoKnit 2008!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

NoSoKnit 2008!

What fun we had today! NoSoKnit, the annual charity event here in Roanoke, was delightful...this is a photo-heavy post, so I apologize if you're on dial-up!

This is a photo of the room at the very beginning of the day...not as full as it eventually was...
As usual there were three vendors, who rotate every year:
Mosaic, from Blacksburg VA was there
as was Orchardside from Raphine VA. Also I See Spots from North Carolina. (There were too many people in the booth when I was taking photos, so the shot didn't turn out at all!)

Christy was busy working on the last of a fleece, trying to get it all carded...

and Laura gave a sock machine demonstration! What a cool machine...
Catie was worried about the number of squares we've collected for our friend Diana's comfort blanket (her family endured the third fire accident this past summer), so I' picked up a ball of Berroco Keltic and knit this square. I've got another OTN tonight, too, Catie! This colorway is Glen Fidditch (I think I'm in love...now what to make for myself from this yarn?)
The yarn in the top of this photo was in our goody bag - it's Blue Ridge sock yarn and I love the color. My door prize was a gift certificate to On The Lamb LYS in Staunton, Virginia - I can't wait for the road trip...

And you can see I also picked up the new MDK book. Otherwise, the only purchase I made was a pattern for a Noro Iro vest. There weren't enough skeins of the Iro colorway that I liked to get it now. And I'm thinking I might ask for the yarn for Christmas! :)

Other than the square, I knit on two different socks that you haven't seen yet. I'll try to get photos tomorrow to show you. One is for me, and the other is for my dear Sis-in-law who is more than owed her first pair!

And tonight, worn out from the fun, I worked on Habitat for several rows. I love the cables!

Hmmm...I think maybe it's bedtime!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam! said...

wow! busy knitting day for you. I kept knitting into the evening too. I think NoSo was just what I needed to get out of my knitting slump.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It sounds like a wonderful (and busy!) day. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the new MD book -- it's on my list of things to think about getting myself :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That looks like a really fun day!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Looks like a fun time!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh it looks like a grand time! I really wish I had better access to such events.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!