knitnana: Avast Ye Maties! Arrgh...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Avast Ye Maties! Arrgh...

This is probably the first (and perhaps the only) time you'll see me acknowledge "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" but I believe, on this Friday night at the end of the week that will no doubt make Economic History, a bit of levity might be in order...If we can still laugh? Perhaps it's not all that bad?

Ok...moving on.

LOOK!
YES! You're really seeing them! TWO completed Seaweed Socks from Wendy's cool pattern. They are finally - FINALLY - finished.

Ok. I'll admit to one thing only: I have obsessive-complusive tendencies (as opposed to the disorder). But when a certain type of heel doesn't work, I should (and hopefully forevermore will) cut my losses and knit what I know works for my feet, instead of trying (over and over again) to MAKE the certain type of heel (which is just too pretty for words - BIG SIGH) work.

I'm well and duly chastened.
But AREN'T THESE PRETTY anyway? I'm so glad they're done.

They were completed tonight as I watched CNBC and other news outlets discuss the major event of the day...the wholesale bundling of private debt by the government. I won't say how I feel. I'm not sure I know. But I know, in my heart, that something HAD to be done. Was this the best thing? Who knows? Not even wiser heads than mine.

Still...it was a scary week. I'm trying to be more hopeful tonight. But I have no idea what's ahead for us.

Except:
I intend to hit the sack with my first issue of Country Living. Wendy, some 18 months or so ago, mentioned My Coke Rewards and I signed up. I dutifully entered my codes and racked up the points. (Then lost them because at first, they only let you hold them 90 days if you didn't enter more (and I didn't, I forgot). THAT ticked me off. But I went back and started again. Over the past two months, I realized that I don't drink enough Diet Coke to earn points to buy anything really big. But - I was able to get a year's subscription to CL and another year's subscription to Country Home. Both are magazines I love. And if I don't have to pay for them? Whoohoo!

So. It's off to bed with my magazine...
And tonight? I can't think of anything better to sign off with than - TGIF!
(((((Hugs)))))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks - great job!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TGIF is right. The socks are fabulous!

I had to give up Diet Coke when I started getting migraines. That mag looks good. In fact, that looks like a good idea. Think I'll grab a mag (the new Martha came today) and crawl into bed myself.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Beautiful socks!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wow - with all the Diet Cokes my DH drinks I'll be able to accumulate a lot of points fast. Thanks for the link!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Seaweed socks for Pirate Day -- very appropriate indeed, although I think you must be a Very Special Pirate in order to wear the pink :-) Well done, and I bet you're glad they're done too!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Leigh Ann said...

The socks look amazing! I never have done the point thing for Coke or any other pop neither. When there are contest and you have to enter the code - I don't bother. I liked it when you could look under the lid.

Thoguh with all the diet coke I drink I could get a pretty decent prize I think.

Thanks for sharing

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!