knitnana: My Weekend So Far...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Weekend So Far...

Last night, we began the weekend with a special treat. DD had invited me (several times during the month of preparing for last weekend's show, and I simply couldn't spare the time) to come down to Zak's, a restaurant in downtown Roanoke where her group was playing. (It's a group of two...but they do sound like more - ah, the wonders of electronic music!)

So SIL and I (and a surprise guest, my niece from out-of-town!) went for dinner and to listen to High-Strung's special blend of country/rock/blues/bluegrass...
The duo was quite good (and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter!) and we enjoyed trying 5 different tapas, and 3 different soups...I think that as good as the tapas were, our favorite was the tomato mozzarella basil on toast, but the Shrimp Etouffe was right up there...everything, tho' was delish!

And I got to meet DD's most prized possession:
I think she's named her Emerelda, but I could have gotten that wrong...

This morning, after beginning work on my vet's books, and picking up maintenance meds for CC, I trekked (there's a reason the use of that word is funny!) down to Knitter's Knook, my LYS in Boones Mill. I was not able to resist the new yarns. Especially these:
The two Trekking (see what I mean?) XXL Colorways are 54 and 172. The third skein there is Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair in Wintergreen.

My plans for this? Well, the Trekking is obviously for socks. The Mountain Mohair? Jared's Habitat (that's the Ravelry link). I'm learning that this lovely range of light to dark teal shades looks great on me. I did think that perhaps it has something to do with my hazel eyes, green with gold rings around the iris. They apparently are showcased well by the teal! Who knew? I always thought I could do fushias and purples. I'm still pretty certain about the purples and reds, but hearing from some quarters that my fushia isn't really "mine" anymore. (sigh)

I enjoyed spending several hours at Knitter's Knook with Becky...knitting away and visiting with others as they came in the shop. A truly relaxing way to spend the day. And when I got home, I realized that I was just too worn out to start my cleaning, so it was dinner, and knitting while I watched the coverage of Ike.

I managed to finish the hat I needed for my contribution to charity for the NoSoKnit on the 27th. I'm so excited about that event ...
I also dug through stash to look for contributions to the door prizes we each receive that day. Now I just have to find acrylic yarns for the Alderson Women's Prison Knitting program and I'll be set.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is going to be devoted to bookkeeping. But I do hope to get a little cleaning done. And to work on the Hot Flash Seaweed second sock. I've decided that I can't cast on for the second Regia Florence sock till the Seaweed socks are completed.

(Somehow I have to exercise a little control here - the sock yarn is out of control, the laceweight is, too - and I almost bought more laceweight today...but restrained myself - As I started into stash, I was a bit overwhelmed...Maybe it's time to reign in my purchases, just a little bit?)
(of course, that's not much fun...)

I guess it won't happen till after NoSoKnit anyway...! The big shopping event is part of the fun!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the purchases. Trekking knits up so nice, and is a joy to wear.

Sounds like a lovely weekend...and there's still knitting time!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a great weekend! There's nothing better than good live music and yarn :) And you still have time today to do some more knitting (which is what I'm off to do...)!

1:20 PM  
Blogger kat said...

Well i figure its ok to build your stash for winter when there will be lots of cold nights & days to stay in & knit.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I love that brown Trekking colorway! Glad you had fun listening to DD's music - it sounds like my type of listening..

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Self control is for non knitters. It sounds like a great weekend! Music and yarn.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!