knitnana: Tuesday Musings...Tonight Seems to be BROWN
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Musings...Tonight Seems to be BROWN

I'd not tell you that I'm exceptionally fond of brown. It's okay as a color, I don't wear it a lot. But lately, brown has been showing up in a lot of places in my life...I ordered a pair of these from FootSmart and discovered the perfect shower shoes (for those with plantars fasciitis who simply cannot stand barefoot in the shower for any length of time, these are a godsend)

And because they are so comfortable, and my feet hurt much less in them, I finally decided I had to have another pair to wear around the house - giving my feet a break from the "required" attire of jogging shoes with orthotics inside - the ones I'm supposed to wear day in and day out whenever I'm vertical.
I'm trying to show you not just the cuteness of the shoe itself, but the sculpting of the sole and footbed. This is a shoe designed to rise up and cushion high arches. I'm still having trouble with my left heel, but wearing these around the office today, I felt better than I had in awhile. They come in hot pink and lime green, too.
(both of mine are brown)

So...I'd made two pair of socks that were pink (some PINK, some Pink N Orange N Purple N Gray, and my sis-in-law's pair pink/burgundy/gray jaquard). I rarely seem to get completely away from pink, but today i'm working on another pair of socks for myself - These Trekking XXL 172 colorway - it's ashy brown, and blue/mauve/rose/gold tweed...

And of course, here's my favorite Brown Thing in the whole world...
The Meezer.

I did work on teal tonight. Hmmm...teal goes with brown, now doesn't it? The Habitat hat had to be tinked back 4 rows to straighten out the mess I made on a couple of cable twists. Yes, I'd have noticed, I did notice, and so they had to be fixed.

I'm back to beginning row 16 tonight where I left off last night...

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Personally I love brown! My husbands eyes are brown, my hair is still mostly brown, I'm working on a somewhat brown cardigan, my Mini Dachshund is black and brown, and best of all brown brings packages! Hmm, maybe today will be gold! ;^)

2:14 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Is brown sneaking into your life like pink has snuck into mine?

I really like those shower shoes! They're really too cute for words.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ooooh, pretty Trekking colorway and they'll go with your shoes perfectly. Glad to hear that you're getting some relief and it must be nice to have a choice of footwear now.

The Meezer looks so cute all stretched out like that. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The shades of brown in a Siamese cat's fur are truly gorgeous!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes, the Groundhog's Day of knitting -- tink, reknit, tink, reknit :) I'm loving those shoes -- they look really comfortable, and I'm glad to hear that your feet feel good in them!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

PF can be a real pain!!! These look like a very good solution Sallee (the sandals).

I'm not a brown fan either but I did have a couple of nice dresses years ago, both brown backgrounds with small floral prints. Wore them both till they fell apart. I can see why people like brown!!!

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

PS: Meezer, the Mitz has not been feeling well but is on the mend it appears as of today. Thought you might want to stop by to wish her well at MPP.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect choice..! Those shower shoes are fabulous in look and design.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!