knitnana: Knitting With A Cat..

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Knitting With A Cat..

I've said on many blog comments that I don't seem to have a problem with The Meezer going after yarn, and other than one 10.5 dpn that has gone missing (and I'm pretty sure is in a dark corner that will only be found when I move) she's always left the needles alone.

I rarely pay attention to her when I'm knitting, so this morning as I worked on my sis-in-law's sock on my Harmony circulars, while watching Sunday Morning, I only vaguely was aware of her movement out of the corner of my eye...

And then suddenly - WHAM! - I realized she was at my Posy Sock Sack, with MY Trekking socks inside...and there was a dangling thing that was whipping around...!

On closure inspection?
One chomped-upon Hiya Hiya bamboo circular...(sigh)
And I really don't want to buy another one right now...so I pulled out the nail file and sanded away. It's smoother at least

(and I apologize that my limited skills as a photographer only produced these sad photos...)
The Meezer wasn't impressed by my stern talking-to...Why don't you find my tearstrip and then I'll leave your dangly things alone?

(sigh) So much like a recalcitrant child...

7 Comments:

OpenID meezermeowmy said...

If it wiggles like a cat toy, it IS a cat toy.

1:02 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Naughty girl Meezer, but nice save Mom. I actually did something similar after one of the boys grabbed a casein circular. It's still in business, though I have done a better job of keeping them out of reach.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Don't you hate it when they suddenly discover knitting? Maybe now that she's had her needle encounter, she'll be satisfied...

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Yummy! Nothing tastier than a bamboo circular.

8:37 PM  
Blogger elaines630 said...

One of my cats chewed on the cable of a knit picks harmony circular once, almost all the way through! I was able to temporarily fix it, but then I ended up snapping one of the needles, so it was a complete lost cause.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Ms.Mitz (feeling better but not 100% yet) doesn't give a hoot about yarns. Mr. C, now that's another story. He goes WILD when he sees yarn coming out. I have to knit and crochet when he's asleep. He says to tell Meezer that she did a GREAT job on those needles!!!! I don't agree. Meezer,Meezer....

Your hat is lovely Sallee.

Hugs, G

2:48 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

My Gwenna used to love to gnaw on the bamboo needles. I still have a pair that I've kept to remember her by.

I love the ingenuity you've shown in rescuing that needle!

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782