knitnana: Random Wednesday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Random Wednesday...

No, I'm not planning on starting a new blog thing here, but I've got a few minutes, and I know I won't have any extra time tonight, so since I have no photos, I thought I'd do this instead...

Random thing 1:
Remember this?


Try to avoid the car and look at the lay of the land. That wall retains the road that goes UP the hill I live on...to the right of the car is my "bowl" of a parking area/driveway. (Yes, the front lawn is lower than the road, by about 10-12 feet.)

I pulled in last night after taking DD home from her stellar housekeeping duties in my house, tipped the front end down to pull up to my space, and came face to face with THIS. (I'm linking rather than copying someone else's photo...as it's a good shot and I hate copywrite infringement!)

I phoned my landlord, in wonder. He said, "How many? We often have 4-5."

Oh swell...wonder how my garden will grow?
(oh...and in case you don't remember - I live in the city! Directly behind a Burger King and I can distinctly hear every word of your drive-thru order while you're placing it...DEER? HERE? Poor things.)

There is a swath of forest between Burger King and me. Approximately 50 yards. Apparently there's a small herd that dwells within. Fortunately I only saw one.

Random thing 2:
I'm Plurking. Blame it on Wendy, she's such an enabler in all things! I finally got my Nanners. And Wendy's Nanners pattern, too.

Oh. I'm Knitnana there, too.

Random thing 3:
I'm reading Jim Webb's A Time to Fight: Reclaiming a Fair and Just America. Yes, he is the junior senator from Virginia. Yes, I think he might be a contender (along with others) for Obama's Veep. That's not why I'm reading it. I do like the man. He's got a fascinating background. And he thinks deep thoughts - a huge plus these days. Not to mention, he writes eloquently.

In this day of text messaging, vanity plates, and "translated Shakespeare," eloquence is refreshing.

Oh. It's the first thing I've read by the man. No. I didn't realize he wrote fiction, but maybe one day I'll pick up one or two of his novels and try them!

Random thing 4:
I keep watching that ticker up there...and Nana Sadie Rose is out straight making bags in preparation for the show this weekend. We'll have some old favorites, and a few new ones, as well. And I hope I see you there. Big Sis and Sis-in-Law will assist in staffing the booth and we've got a fun weekend planned - heck, it's always a lot of work, but the three of us have a great time, too!

Random thing 5:
The Meezer cannot stand vacuum cleaners. She hates anyone "new" in the house. Can you imagine her terror last night, when DD took the vacuum cleaner upstairs to do the bedroom and turned the thing on after pushing it under the bed (The Meezer's safety zone)? All I heard was the sound of my Victorian hurricane lamp's shade clanging and shouts from DD.

Apparently, TM came up the wall at the head of the bed. She saw the "new" DD, heard the dreaded vacuum noise, ran across the bed, but realized she wasn't going the right direction, skidded back the other way, jumped over to and landed on the bedside table, knocking the lamp helter-skelter. (It's okay.)

I heard 12 pounds of Siamese come flying down the stairs and crash through the stash of mailing boxes I have behind the cutting table as she burrowed between to the shelves behind.

Silence.

She didn't come out until sometime in the night. To collapse next to her Mommie and sleep the sleep of the dead.
Poor baby.
She'll never forgive DD, you know?

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She may never forgive her. Heck, she hasn't quite forgiven me for even being in her house those evening we were working on Nation Capital Cat Show - and that's been what - 8 months?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ten months. We're close to starting up preparations for National Capital Cat Show again ... after this weekend! You haven't been back for knitting on Saturdays in so long, we'll probably have to start from scratch with her again!
Poor Meeze.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

All three of ours beat a hasty retreat when I vacuumed this afternoon. I always turn it on either in the front bedroom or the computer room which gives them plenty of time to get out of the way - otherwise it would be pandamonium

8:16 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks for the link to the book. I'll be looking for an audio version that isn't abridged.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I used to live in very urban, downtown Hollywood behind a huge K-Mart and an Auto Body shop and one morning as I left for work I saw a FOX!!! Not a woodland for miles and I didn't even know south Florida had foxes!

Poor displaced animals :(

I think fear of the vacuum is in the genetic code of all cats...poor Meez!

Have fun at the show!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Denise Bein Kroll said...

Poor Meezer! Saucey has the same reaction to both "new" people and the vacuum... run hide under the furthest corner of the bed. She got caught in the bedroom this morning, too, when I decided to vacuum behind the door.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Awwww, poor Kitty. The DD is now cannon fodder as far as the cat is concerned. :) Glad to hear that your hurricane lamp survived the exodus. We had one while I was growing up and my mother accidentally put the broom handle through it while sweeping.

Have a great show & Happy 4th!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Yay for plurking! :-)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!