knitnana: Thursday Madness!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Madness!

What a day!
Our office had our annual picnic for our consumers (aka clients) today - it's a stressful event for all of us, as we do everything - the cooking, the serving, the cleaning up, and, of course, BINGO. By the time we're back to the office and everything's put away, we're wiped out. And we do not open the doors, we all just go home...to crash.

BUT. This year, in addition, my Red Hat's group had it's monthly dinner tonight, as well. So I came home from one feasting event, pulled out the red and purple, fancied up, and strutted out in style to one of our nicer restaurants in town...Coach & Four. And feasted yet again this time on yummy prime rib. I would not have missed it for the world...!

Before everything got underway today, Dani emailed to tell me she'd finished the crocheting together all the squares everyone made for Rae after the fire that destroyed her home and all her belongings. Knitters from all over contributed 6 inch squares of mostly sock yarns (Rae is an avid sock knitter, and only wears handknit socks!) and Dani generously devoted a lot of her time to sew them all together to form:

A lap blanket of many colors!
Dani dropped by my office before we closed up for the day and delivered this into my safekeeping for passing on to Rae tonight at Red Hats!
And you know, if it was in my house, it had to pass The Meezer's test....

Dani? It did! And Rae was delighted! (I didn't have my camera and we were too tired, but she tossed it over her shoulders and said it was wonderful! And sends her deepest thanks to everyone!

(oh. I believe there's to be a photo of a certain Knitnana in baseball cap, knitting a sock at the annual picnic today...CW has promised he'll email it, and I'll post it for all to chuckle over! But I am determined to finish the last of the Flaming June second sock before 11:59 p.m. tomorrow night - in time to start Summer of Socks 08!)
(((Hugs)))

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

DH and I were at Coach and Four Tuesday night - I love the Greek Salad (no anchovies, please)they serve. The throw is beautiful and I spot a couple of the squares I made!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

I am glad to hear that Rae liked it. I will post some more pictures of it this weekend on my blog!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

That's a gorgeous blanket! And it sounds like you had a great day to go with it, as exhausting as I'm guessing it was.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The blanket turned out beautifully. I like the way that the different self-striping yarns add texture. Dani did a wonderful job arranging the blocks.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great gift... especially since it got the Meezer Seal of Approval!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

What a gorgeous blanket and a generous gift. I can see why Rae was so delighted.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!