knitnana: Saturday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

Like a lot of people, I've been completely blown away by this over the past 24 hours or so...I can honestly challenge the "too young" sentiments that are going around. I was 43 when I had my heart attack. It's not too young. Not when there are risk factors involved. (Like the Red Dress campaign slogan "heart disease doesn't care what you wear," it also doesn't care how old you are.)

But I'll tell you, I agree that it was too SOON. He and his family, and even those of us in the nation deserved a longer time...more time. Of course, that's my opinion, and I know that when we're called, our opinions on the matter don't matter much at all...

Still. It's a hard, and sad thing.

I've knit and worked on my bags today. But I've just been very sad. Tim Russert will be missed...

So I'll leave you with the Royal Personage who inhabits my home. She has been a support and a reason to smile today.
Here she is on one of her favorite perches today - a suitcase still packed with art from the move (no, it's not up on the walls yet). Moments before she'd been stretched full length to try to get to the top of the dresser. She knows Mommie doesn't like that...

Harrrummph! And I don't much care that Mommie doesn't like it, either

4 Comments:

Blogger Geraldine said...

If there is a plus side to having a heart attack, I think it must (hopefully) makes a person much more aware of how short and fragile life can be.

It's awful that you endured a tragedy like this at such a young age too. But I am SO happy that you lived to tell the tale and to really LIVE every day. This comes through so clearly, that you do and it is a lesson for all of us. Meezer is so lucky to have a wonderful mom like you and we are all so lucky to share your life, via blogland! Huggs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

1:59 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I watched a half-hour or so of the NBC tribute to Mr. Russert, though he probably would've preferred "Tim," as those who knew him said he was down to earth.

With regard to age, Doris Kearns-Godwin recalled something that Rose Kennedy told her after losing 3 of her sons. Paraphrasing here, she said it was not the years here but the quality of the life lived in their time on earth.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

Like you I felt a personal loss at hearing of his death . I pray now that his legacy of honest, fair and studied journalism will be followed more by his cohorts and replacement. I believed him, and haven't always had that same feeling of trust with some other news reports.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Cats never do seem to care about what we want, do they? It's true that a heart attack at such an early age feels like it's far too soon...

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!